Dynotech Eric Shertz's car

PNYKLR

Just going back in time and was curious what ever happened to his car and parts I believe the hood and fenders were in Connecticut

If anyone knows I was just curious

Thanks

At the time Eric passed away, his white T-Type was already at Keith Mease's shop but not sure why. Then his wife had all the trouble in the world to get the car back which she eventually did but without the engine.:rolleyes: She had to go at Mease's shop with several other GN owners and also the police ('cause Mease was not giving the car back to her) with all the paperwork to prove the car belonged to her late husband. since the car wasn't running, she had it towed to Jack Cotton's shop where it sat for a while and Jack eventually found someone from the state of NY (I think) who bought it and put it back together. I can't remember the guy's name but I spoke with him while at Cotton's shop and he seemed like a good guy. When he bought it, he had never heard about Eric and did not know all the story behind the car and was surprised to hear about it! I think he still owns it, but I would have to ask Jack who would surely know…but from what I last heard, it's still in "good hands". :)
Here are a few pictures from Eric's white car. The first two pictures are when they went to Mease's shop to get the car back (Mease is the guy wearing the black shirt) and the third one is Eric's car parked next to my GN at Englishtown, NJ

Claude. ;)
les 007.jpg
les 008.jpg
E-town #6.jpg

joelD has his white T racer ,the we4 i forget where that went
Yeah, I think you're right about "joelD" now owning Eric's white car (pictured above). As for his black WE4, I don't have any idea of whatever happened to it or where it could be now.

Claude. ;)

I don't know the whole story, but why would that Mease guy be a dick like that and not give the guys car back to his wife?

I don't know the whole story, but why would that Mease guy be a dick like that and not give the guys car back to his wife?
Mease is without a doubt a great fabricator but aside from that, he's like you said a D I C K. (n) He was the worst business man,not returning phone calls or e-mails, not respecting delays, etc… No wonder why he did some time for screwing people… Not wanting to give EricMs car back to his wife was just another chapter in his behavior. After numerous unsuccessful attempts to get in touch with him, she ended up asking for help from other Buick owners (with a truck and a trailer) and also the police to finally get the car back but one of the major components (the engine) was never returned to her. She was so fed up that she dropped the idea of trying to get it back and it was Jack who sold the car for her. Maybe other members will jump in and relate their experiences with Mease.

Claude

I had the hood and Fenders and bumpers off the we4. I think Joel got the Fenders and bumpers from me. the guy who I got the parts from still has the we4 out on Long Island and was returning it to stock. I think the hood went back to NYC or NJ I can't remember . Joel still has the white car and the parts I know this because I talked to him on Friday. I will tell him to log on this thread

Yes I still have the white T,and hopefully i will finally have it out this year. After a long time trying to determine which direction i would go with the car its back to a drag car . Like i said i hope to be more active this year than in years past and maybe even make it to an event.That would be great!! thanks, "Joel B"

Yes I still have the white T,and hopefully i will finally have it out this year. After a long time trying to determine which direction i would go with the car its back to a drag car . Like i said i hope to be more active this year than in years past and maybe even make it to an event.That would be great!! thanks, "Joel B"
Hi Joel, Claude here… Back when you bought Eric's white T, I bet you did not realize that the car is a "piece of turbo Buick racing history"? :D Hope to see next summer maybe at Jack's or the track!… ;)

Claude.:)

Hey Claude, actually i did know the history of this car but not in as much detail as i do now. I do remember talking with you several times at Jacks and on the phone and you sending me these pictures and a couple more which are much appreciated. I look forward to seeing you again soon also. I'll try to be at Jacks BBq this year if he has one. I know i missed last years,but had been there for several previous years. Joel

Didn't the car come with the business when Eric took over from Fred Vetter?

Billy T.
gnxtc2@aol.com
No. Eric already owned his white T Type when he bought Dynotech from Fred. What's confusing is that at the time, Fred also had a white T Type but they definitely were two different cars. ;) In post #2, I posted some pics of Eric's car but below are two pictures of Fred's taken at Englishtown, NJ around 1989.
Hope this clarifies it a little...

Claude. :)

P.S: To add more confusion, during the same period of time, Jim D'Alessandro also has a white car but his was an '86 GN which he had painted pearl white.
Fred Vetter  T-Type.jpg
Fred Vetter T-Type #2.jpg

Last edited: