DYNO results in!

GNbythebay

Always wanted to know what kind of power my car was making in the stage it is in now. As it sits it has CAI, 3 inch down pipe with a dump, 60lbs injectors RJC power plate, stretched stock location intercooler, TA49 turbo, upgraded plugs and wires, TT chip, alcohol injection, bigger fuel pump with the hot wire kit, fuel pressure regulator, stronger valve springs and I think that’s it.
340 HP 417 torque is what it made on 23 psi no knock. Is this about what it should make with what I have done? Also it was running rich at the top end and that’s why around 4200 rpm it died off. How can I cut fuel?
I am okay with these numbers now but what do I need to do to get the car to 500 hp that’s my end goal.

Attachments

• 954135D5-ED10-452F-9D6F-6793A637E6A3.jpeg
    954135D5-ED10-452F-9D6F-6793A637E6A3.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 406
Last edited:
Valve springs could be weak as well. If you're using Erics chip...you can adjust the fuel via his chip. Got a PL file to post?

Without big valve ported heads and matching intake plus a few other mods your quite away from making 500HP

Also there is quite a few more poneys in that turbo with higher boost once the fuel issue's are worked out.
Heads and a 62mm turbo you will sore past that 500 mark.

As stated your valve springs are probably toast if you can only pull to 4200 . I would definitely check and replace them if you can. That will improve your all around power curve aswell .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

340 HP 417 torque is what it made on 23 psi no knock. Is this about what it should make with what I have done? Also it was running rich at the top end
your a little on the low side for 23psi but not too far off.100lb valve springs and 30psi with strong timing and you should pickup 80/100rwhp and clear 500lbft of torque.

You may be happy, or certainly happier, just getting the 50 RWHP you are missing now, forget the 500 until you get the stock motor to around 400 where it belongs. :cool:

Learning to tune the stock engine better for the next dyno. session will benefit you way down the road when you do spend the big money.

What converter is used now and was it locked?

As stated your valve springs are probably toast if you can only pull to 4200 . I would definitely check and replace them if you can. That will improve your all around power curve aswell .

What valve springs would you recommend?

You may be happy, or certainly happier, just getting the 50 RWHP you are missing now, forget the 500 until you get the stock motor to around 400 where it belongs. :cool:

Learning to tune the stock engine better for the next dyno. session will benefit you way down the road when you do spend the big money.

What converter is used now and was it locked?
Stock converter. Never touched the transmission

I made 330hp/550tq on a TE44 on E85/80s/450pump XFI Sportsman with 27# of boost that ran a 12.0, 3 years ago. I added the GN1 Front Mount and Single shot, double pumper and 160s, that ran a 11.4@117 at 30#. Haven't had it on the dyno with the new parts. I have a set of ported stock heads, ported intake and cam to put on. Waiting to get a 6262

Competition Cams 980-12 for the springs. Get the retainers and locks too! Order a valve spring compressor from Kirban.

981's. After a couple of passes the stock strength springs will soften up.

What valve springs would you recommend?

I would go with 981s . I have taken out 980s on greasy builds that where down in the 88-90lbs range. With the 981s after the first couple heat cycles they will settle in around 105-110 in my experience

Your numbers are in the ballpark. Your right around the sweet spot for that turbo. Raising it past 24psi with stock heads, it flattens out large. If you want to make 500hp your going to half to look into another turbo, heads, cam, intake, converter and some tranny work "IF" you want to do it right.

23 psi is still low in terms of boost. There is more left in the turbo. Any of the 60 variants wont max out until 29 to 30 psi.

Time to port and polish the heads and check your springs. A cam change would help too. 210/210 hyd roller nothing too wild.

A converter would help but you can push the stock one and still hit your goal.

You have the fueling there to hit the mark. No need to change your 60# injectors, let the alky pump do the work.

You need a good data logger so you can see what the motor is doing. A Turbotweak chip with WB and data logger would be a good idea.

You indicate downpipe but what about exhaust? A Pypes 2 1/2 stainless exhaust and a dump tube will do wonders.

So heads, exhaust and data logger.

sounds low to me but you are not hitting max power for your set up due to the rev issue, whether that is a rich condition or valve springs, were these numbers with the converter locked?