Dynamic EFI EBL Flash System For GM Sequential V6 Boosted Engines....

I installed mine in an afternoon
I had no tuning knowledge other than reading the dynamic efi web site . No additional hardware to install and wire. Uses all stock GM sensors I Was up and driving same day ....If you choose to add options like wide band sensor then additional work is required but that is with any unit.

Thank you Bob, as this is exactly what I was referring to. When I stated up top that there was some repinning as well as modifications to the stock wiring harness that were needed, but that it was minor, I both said that and used the term minor in contrast to running FAST and the other systems, which require a lot more work to get the engine up and running. Not sure why it was taken out of context.

But I digress...

Excellent times by the way, congratulations... (y)

you guys ever consider making a jumper harness in case someone had to switch back to stock ecm?

We have, but decided against it. Once the SFI-6 is installed and additional features are used, it isn't easy to swap back to the stock ECM. Such as having the alcohol injection controlled by the SFI-6 ECM, swap back to the stock ECM and that is now disabled.

The other thing is, the EBL SFI-6 ECM is so much better then the stock one, why would someone switch back? Along the same lines we could have developed the firmware and EBL hardware for the stock ECM ('7148). But it is so lacking in I/O (inputs and outputs), that it would not be as feature filled as the SFI-6.

RemoveBeforeFlight

We have, but decided against it. Once the SFI-6 is installed and additional features are used, it isn't easy to swap back to the stock ECM. Such as having the alcohol injection controlled by the SFI-6 ECM, swap back to the stock ECM and that is now disabled.

The other thing is, the EBL SFI-6 ECM is so much better then the stock one, why would someone switch back? Along the same lines we could have developed the firmware and EBL hardware for the stock ECM ('7148). But it is so lacking in I/O (inputs and outputs), that it would not be as feature filled as the SFI-6.

RemoveBeforeFlight

i was thinking if was out on the road and the em failed and needed to switch to a spare one had that happen to a buddy little while ago. was also thinking since i want to extend the harness to mount ecm under the seat it may be a good idea.

That makes sense as an ECM going out can/will leave one stranded. The EBL SFI-6 uses the GM 1228253 ECM. Easy enough to get one as a spare, just put the 4 wires on the bottom and can then swap the EBL SFI-6 board into it if the current ECM dies. Even with an adapter need the proper tune for the stock ECM to run the engine.

As for under the seat, I'm mixed on that. I had one car with it under the passenger seat as there was no room under the dash. One issue is the wiring harness, even up against the tunnel it is intrusive. But it also gets hot under the seat. There isn't much room for air flow along with the road surface and cat-con heating the floor boards.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Thank you Bob, as this is exactly what I was referring to. When I stated up top that there was some repinning as well as modifications to the stock wiring harness that were needed, but that it was minor, I both said that and used the term minor in contrast to running FAST and the other systems, which require a lot more work to get the engine up and running. Not sure why it was taken out of context.

But I digress...

Excellent times by the way, congratulations... (y)
Thanks

Bob, that thing is getting faster.
Yes it is Car has become a beast and I still have a few tuning adjustments to get it all dialed in. The top of tune above 4000 is rock solid. Bottom of tune below 4000 and boosting against trans brake is what I am working on now

That us great, I look forward to getting mine on the road and tuning. Especially with the Alky and n2o control in the EBL.

i am thinking of making the jump, i have used a diablo sport tuner on another vehicle and that is the extent of my tuning experience. is this something that i would be able to tune myself or better off at a shop?

i am thinking of making the jump, i have used a diablo sport tuner on another vehicle and that is the extent of my tuning experience. is this something that i would be able to tune myself or better off at a shop?
With some research and attention to detail you can tune yourself. I knew little to nothing of tuning and have tuned my car into low 11's.

Yes sir, finally got all the body modifications and panel work completed.Painting it in 3 weeks.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

So I'm thinking I'm gonna need to go speed density. I'm currently running on e85 with 80# injectors but I believe I'm not gonna have enough injectors, just picked up a turbonetics 6668 turbo and ported heads.

Still no low impedance injectors? Sorry I read the first 5 or so pages but figured things may have changed. Would this ecm work good for my car?

Thx

Check their website. I believe it's capable of running low impedance injectors.

So I'm thinking I'm gonna need to go speed density. I'm currently running on e85 with 80# injectors but I believe I'm not gonna have enough injectors, just picked up a turbonetics 6668 turbo and ported heads.

Still no low impedance injectors? Sorry I read the first 5 or so pages but figured things may have changed. Would this ecm work good for my car?

Thx

For low impedance injectors it is best to go with an external box. The biggest issue with doing them internally is getting the parts to do so. They are discontinued so they are difficult to find.

Yes, the EBL SFI-6 Flash works well in Turbo Buicks. It does take re-pinning the ECM harness connectors, but once done it is worth it (and not that difficult).

RemoveBeforeFlight

For low impedance injectors it is best to go with an external box. The biggest issue with doing them internally is getting the parts to do so. They are discontinued so they are difficult to find.

Yes, the EBL SFI-6 Flash works well in Turbo Buicks. It does take re-pinning the ECM harness connectors, but once done it is worth it (and not that difficult).

RemoveBeforeFlight
I dI'd want to go with this ECM, any recommendations for the external box drivers? I need to see if it's cost effective.

Also since I'm a hot air I don't have an intake air temperature sensor, I suppose I should wire one in?

I don't have any recommendations for an external PnH driver box. I did do a search a while ago and found that there are quite a few out there.

The IAT is not required, you can run without it. Although adding it later can be done as it does help in having a more consistent fueling.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I don't have any recommendations for an external PnH driver box. I did do a search a while ago and found that there are quite a few out there.

The IAT is not required, you can run without it. Although adding it later can be done as it does help in having a more consistent fueling.

RemoveBeforeFlight
I imagine I can still utilize a TR6 if my ignition coil becomes a problem running high boost?