Dynamic EFI EBL Flash System For GM Sequential V6 Boosted Engines....

that looks good, what tablet did you use? i was thinking of getting a windows table instead of installing windows on my macbook.

Thanks Dale! :)

I'm actually going back and forth with tablets, as I mocked it up using a 7" Android tablet, then got my hands on a Windows tablet at essentially the same size, but now Microsoft is finally releasing software to allow the Android tablets to correspond with Windows, and Android's are so much better. It's so refreshing to lose the stock and ancient am/fm with tape deck in favor for Sirius-XM. I'm now told there is a way to get the heater/ac controls to work with the tablet, but I am definitely going to wait on that. I'm loving it though.

Looks great. I am installing my carpc over the winter after paint, I have a 7" touchscreen to stab in the dash. I won't be using a laptop for long either.:D

Not exactly Buick related. But EBL related. Successful EBL flash on Ford 302. Currently getting 19 mpg with 4.56 gears.

Attachments

• 1434465659814.jpg
    1434465659814.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 129
Just bought a new Chevy Cruze LTZ w/turbo, damn thing is very very peppy. This now leaves room for some experimentation with the old daily driver, the Trailblazer running the 4200 inline six. I'm now thinking a clone SS Trailblazer running an SFI-6 controlled turbo I6, first need to fab up a turbo header, get a turbo for it, downpipe, etc. Should be a fun little AWD project...:)

No updates guys....? :)

Pretty new to the 4200 engine, the freaking throttle body is huge. I removed the pin striping on both sides for a more clean and stealthier look. I recently bought a set of Trailblazer SS rims w/tires, gonna put them on when I get the rotors, calipers and brake lines figured out. I'm off today, so I'm going to pull the rack on the roof off, trying my best not to mess up the paint. Next up will be the SS front and rear bumpers. Gonna keep it the stock metallic color, just gonna chrome the door handles and front grill to make the rims pop even more, then I will start fabbing up a turbo header for it. A T66 turbo seems like a good size, not looking for overkill. Exhaust will be fun, 4" downpipe to a 4" universal converter through a 4" intermediate, not sure which muffler yet though. I want an SFI-6 powering this thing when done... :)

250ced70-f11c-4756-9494-d71f17c1c7d7_zpsumg1zzo8.jpg

I want an SFI-6 powering this thing when done...

I have my work cut out for me, the sensors on this engine are quite different. Haven't even researched anything on this engine since I had it, but pulling the plastic resonator off, I can immediately see it has TAC, electronic throttle control. I definitely like a challenge though... :)

Slow on the new project, so far the pinstripes, upper roof rack and door panels were removed. She is looking stealthy. The wiper reservoir will need to be tossed, but with that out of the way the turbo and downpipe fit easily....

d84e2818-07e2-4d33-9c23-48ea5d3190e9_zpspbxaz8xb.jpg

Not sure what I am going to do at this point, I want to run the SFI-6 but it might be a little bit of a headache to get it to work in conjunction with the stock PCM, as I need the stock PCM to control the transmission as well as the VVT. HP Tuners is an option, but I am not too crazy about HP Tuners, and would throw an LS2 into it before I ever went that route. Was hoping to get a baseline against a friend's truck running an LC2, obviously I don't expect a win running the stock engine, but it should be a good time nonetheless. Should at least rip him out of the hole with the AWD, though, these engines make decent power stock... ;)

It may be better just to use the hp tuners. Piggybacking ecms is an option as you know, but a pain. I personally don't mind hp tuners, better than a preloaded tuner.

It may be better just to use the hp tuners. Piggybacking ecms is an option as you know, but a pain. I personally don't mind hp tuners, better than a preloaded tuner.

I might have to after all, the 4200 engine is very impressive, and I'd hate to go through the work of installing an LSX just to avoid the HP Tuners software to control the I6. The only other two things I did so far was remove the spare tire underneath, and install a cold air intake that I fabricated using spare tubing from the GTA. Made a very noticeable difference, off idle is very impressive with the TAC system from a stock perspective. Anyways, rather than clog this thread with the build itself, I will throw up pictures when it is all said and done... :)

Love this swapping stuff! I'm gonna try a P4 on an LQ9... And we have a EBL flash going on a Datsun inline 6! Keep it up guys, EBL to the moon