Dynamic EFI EBL Flash System For GM Sequential V6 Boosted Engines....

image.jpg
More performance from my hot air https://www.facebook.com/groups/222210511179861/permalink/809557599111813/

Trying to run closed loop.

What would cause it slip out of CL during idle?

I just realized you have more than one datalog (prom ID) going on in that one file, so what I am seeing may be when you key off then restart due to the Closed Loop timer, I'm going to watch it again later to confirm...

Here is the knock...;

knock%20knock_zpsvdeuiwib.jpg

knock%20knock_zpsvdeuiwib.jpg[img]

Last edited:
The knock counts during cranking and key-off is normal. The counts during cranking is ignored by the ECM, so no retard should occur. At key-off the knock module is powered down immediately, hence the counts and retard. No big deal as the engine is coming to a stop as the ignition and injectors are off.

One thing you can do to flash in the new BIN is to leave the engine running. It will immediately stop once the flashing starts as there is no limp mode calibration in the ECM. This will prevent the counts/retard from a key-off. Then once the flashing is complete flip the key to start it back up.

As for CL, it drops out of closed loop while moving and the TPS% is less then 2%. This is normal as that is forced open loop decel mode. This is enabled via an option flag and is used to prevent surging on decel.

RemoveBeforeFlight

This setup is pretty impressive once everything is wired up right. I dont think my car has ever idled this nicely. :D

This setup is pretty impressive once everything is wired up right. I dont think my car has ever idled this nicely. :D
I agree on the idle, I had the stock chip, a TT chip, and a few I burned using the stock ecm. The EBL has a MUCHH better idle. There is just more adjustability to dial it in.

For some reason I cant upload pictures here :(

The dropbox host doesn't appear to allow any picture linking. When you reply to a thread, click on "upload a file", then select the picture from your download file on your PC/Laptop, bypass dropbox entirely, or use photobucket w/the links provided.

Off topic guys, but can anyone recommend a very strong adhesive for my center console (vinyl) that gets glued to the plastic structure underneath? I just redid my entire dash piece by piece, I dyed them black, came out incredible. The only area left is the center console, but the factory adhesive has given up the ghost after 25 years. Can anybody recommend something good...?

Thanks guys...

- Rob

Does something need to be turned on in .bin for the Scanmaster to work?

Mine powers on, then goes blank.

I have a diode running to ground, the resistor going to +12v, and they both connect to the wire Scanmaster signal wire, that runs to D2 on the ECM....I suck at reading schematics, but thats how I understand it.

This flag needs to be set (should already be):

Option Word 3 - Bit 7 - ScnMr

The banded end of the diode goes to the resistor and to the ScanMaster data line. Being a Zener it limits to the voltage to +5 volts to pull up the signal line. At key-on, engine-off the data signal will measure about 2.8 - 3.0 volts. It will vary as the data is rather slow. Note that the engine needs to be running for the ScanMaster to display any data.

RemoveBeforeFlight

What's the importance of the P/N input to EBL flash? I have an NP435 4 Speed transmission and it has no provisions for park/neutral switch. Will omitting the Input have adverse effects?

With a manual transmission the P/N input to the ECM needs to be left open. That will have it seeing 'in drive' all of the time.

The P/N switch is only required for automatic transmissions. It is used to select between two different idle speed tables, adding an IAC bump when placed into drive (anti-stall), and preventing DFCO when in P/N.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Updates people updates lol!!!! :)

Was thinking about using DAP Weldwood top and trim adhesive, brushing it on, wrapping it up tight, and just letting it cure...

That stuff works, and then some. Interior is just about finished, have to install the new seats in the front, but first clean the carpet thoroughly. Each piece of the interior was removed, cleaned, and hit with black dye, inside of the car looks brand spanking new, the carpet is the only eye sore right now, but that is getting done today. Tablet is in and functioning properly, just have to set the bracket that I made for it back about 1/4 to 1/2 inches so the plate will sit flush, then I have to adjust the frames to fit the full screen, as well as install the lower dash pad on the drivers side which was off for all the wiring. No more damn laptop for me. (y)

45dcb790-6759-43e2-a6d0-e43e0d0b92ce_zpsu5ivmbdp.jpg