Dynamic EFI EBL Flash System For GM Sequential V6 Boosted Engines....

I went and got the advanced 1162 PCV valve, and ran that in series with the RJC valve, I also changed the injector constants. I was able to lower the VE table to something that appears more reasonable (I know, give it what it wants) Though now the BLM reads about 118-120, but the wb is at 14.7-15.1 at idle. Not sure what the deal with that is?

It is a new wb sensor and guage.

Jim

Well, messed around a bit more. I am in a hard spot, the car is not road worthy so I can only do idle and the like. I won't have a lot of time to do any tuning, driveabilty stuff, before paint. I just need it to start cold and idle and move with some throttle, cold. Since it will be at my buddy booth for paint, it need to be moveable.

I did a BLM VE learn instead of a WB VE learn, I managed to get the idle VE cells in line to have a 128 BLM. The WB reads about 15.4-15.7 though. It idles around 750-800 RPM. I may just have it idle open loop, not sure yet.

I'll get out there again today and play with cold start settings some more.

I was having a similar problem with mine and found it to be the O2 sensor ground. There should be a sensor ground on the ecm dedicated to the 02 to prevent voltage offsets. Sometimes when grounded to block or regular ground it makes the sensor act off.

I was having a similar problem with mine and found it to be the O2 sensor ground. There should be a sensor ground on the ecm dedicated to the 02 to prevent voltage offsets. Sometimes when grounded to block or regular ground it makes the sensor act off.
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that, Though I rewired the entire car, the harness really isn't stock anymore. I added every feature the EBL has, I also wired in the heated narrow band o2. I am pretty sure I used the sensor ground for that. But, I can't really remember if I did or didn't. I didn't annotate it on my wiring diagram. I'll check that out today.

Well, I went out and bought a new narrow band o2 sensor, a denso 4 wire, and fired it up cold and everything fell in line. For now, it is good and I am pleased! Thank you dr. Frankenstein, because you made me think about the nbo2 and replaced it.

A short video!

Last edited:
Where did you get the relay / fuse box. I need one of those.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Chris, I got it from a 4th gen f-body if I remember correctly. I ordered all new terminals to wire it up. The part numbers for the terminals are in my build thread on gbody.

I found where you were working on the block, but couldn't find the part numbers for the terminals. Could you steer me to it.
thanks

I found where you were working on the block, but couldn't find the part numbers for the terminals. Could you steer me to it.
thanks
Chris, look at post 229, it's way back in the thread. I am on my phone right now and don't know how to get the address of the post.

Terminals & Delphi #'s for the 93-97 f-body fuse/ relay box are as follows:

Pak-con III (fuses)
10-12 AWG 12004568 (4-gang buss bar)
10-12 AWG 12020400 (single)
12020337 (reel)
14-16 AWG 12020321 (single)
12020338 (reel)
16-18 AWG 12020334

Metri pack 630 special (relays)
16-18 AWG 12015864
14-16 AWG 12015865
12 AWG 12052227
10-12 AWG 12034001

I got a lot of this stuff off eBay and other online sources, I just checked for the right price.

Awesome awesome stuff. This system really performs.
It sure does, I just had to fix a few mechanical issues (nbo2), and I got the idle tune right in line pretty quick. I run the EBL classic (still use chips) on my old 350 going in the wife's 70 Monte, and I just love the system. The SFI-6 is light years ahead of the factory ECM, which I also tuned myself.

I won't have too many more updates till the car is in paint and on the road, about 6-8 weeks.

Excellent progress everybody!!!! I don't know how the heck you guys have been posting as I couldn't log onto this website for over a week lol. The videos are great, excellent work!!!! No progress for me just yet, I had to pull the damn dash out to replace a VATS module because I replaced the column, and then I had to to clean up all of the, let's just call it baby powder lol, all over and in the dash board lol. Truth be told, last pull I made was pretty stout, smoke started coming out of the vents and for whatever reason I thought the radio hot wire might have caused an issue by the fuse block, as the radio was just jammed in the pod and not connected yet. Pulled the damn extinguisher, and, well, it turned out to be a shredded flywheel. What a nightmare...

Edit: Jim, I just watched the video again, engine sounds freaking awesome...

Last edited:
Excellent progress everybody!!!! I don't know how the heck you guys have been posting as I couldn't log onto this website for over a week lol. The videos are great, excellent work!!!! No progress for me just yet, I had to pull the damn dash out to replace a VATS module because I replaced the column, and then I had to to clean up all of the, let's just call it baby powder lol, all over and in the dash board lol. Truth be told, last pull I made was pretty stout, smoke started coming out of the vents and for whatever reason I thought the radio hot wire might have caused an issue by the fuse block, as the radio was just jammed in the pod and not connected yet. Pulled the damn extinguisher, and, well, it turned out to be a shredded flywheel. What a nightmare...

Edit: Jim, I just watched the video again, engine sounds freaking awesome...
Man that sucks, dry chemical is a bitch to clean up. Thanks for the compliment on the engine. I'm a try and hit a few cruises late summer/fall, stop if I can meet up with some you you local guys.

I have a feeling I'll be asking for a lot of help here, when my system comes in. lol

Honestly, you will be fine. You would be amazed at how simple this system really is. I was your hardcore carb guy. Till the grave hardcore.... Rbob showed me the light. I don't ever want to mess with a carb again.
The capabilities are really impressive and swapping the unit around is easier then one would think. When I get a chance I will show you how my Subaru 4 cyl is coming with EBL Flash. So don't be afraid to jump in headfirst... There's too much support to even worry about drowning.