Dynamic EFI EBL Flash System For GM Sequential V6 Boosted Engines....

I see boost in the 2000 rpm range I start at 27 degrees at 100 kpa reducing to 24 at 160kpa- 8 psi then allow the 3rd gear reduction of 2 degrees . I am on e85 . right now i am out of injector at 17 psi and 5000 rpm so i am seeing KR above that ...... parts on way to solve that.

That is awesome Bob!

Your initial is 69.96...???

Edit: Scratch that, I keep forgetting your not SBC....

Last edited:
Any suggestions or questions...... understand i am a novice at this....
That is awesome Bob!

Your initial is 69.96...???

Edit: Scratch that, I keep forgetting your not SBC....
questions or suggestions.....i am a novice and you need to be specific i am still trying to understand it all
here is the log from the best run to date. on that tune

Attachments

• tnt1 no kr no 100 dc.dat
    1.9 MB · Views: 49
Bob, he is talking about initial spark timing, reference angles since we are playing with DIS ignition.

Any suggestions or questions...... understand i am a novice at this....
here is the log from the best run to date. on that tune

Nice pass, looks like 12.3 @ 107 MPH. No knock on this pass even with the 98% injector DC and the 18 psi at the top of 3rd gear.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I can't wait to get mine together and running. Keep up the progress! You'll get a hang of the tuning in no time!

What's the hold up???? Get it done....!!!!!!!! :p

By the way, killer fabricating skills you got there on that wagon....

I will be getting on it soon! haha. And thanks for the compliments, I hope to have it on the road before the years out.

Any more updates fella's? I have been tuning this monster cam (well, monster for my small cube SBC) in the engine, and the only thing delaying me is the idle. Trying to get the IAC Steps down to at least 30, but it looks like I am forced to either go with a bigger throttle body, or to start drilling holes in the stock one just to make the IAC's job a little easier.Right now the steps bottom out in the low 60's. Can't use the fast idle screw because it exits Idle mode when opened too far, and physically adjusting the TPS in relation to the throttle door being opened more and more isn't working either. I flattened the lower VE in the low MAP area, and that seemed to help out the idle in P/N tremendously, especially when you blip the throttle, no more searching, surging, or extended RPM drop from gear to P/N. But, in idle gear, she is still struggling a little. Gonna physically go in the graph and start blending in the VE properly in those kpa areas, as the Learn won't stay in those cells long enough to adjust the fueling, even in an uphill driveway.... :)

Dave (liquid), did you install the SFI-6 yet? By the way Dave, you were inquiring about mounting an Android tablet into the vehicle, correct? Here is a link that shows an install, and hook up to power source, even a hookup with digital climate control function which is freaking unreal if you ask me...

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/interior/700648-tablet-install-custom-digital.html

604b7d12-c9d3-48b5-84b4-bde1b163474c_zps7462ce5d.jpg

113e3269-9ec9-4fd9-8524-b9d33558d8ae_zpsfe13a5d5.jpg

Last edited:
That ve table is weird have you entered the correct injector offset tables for you injectors ide have a guess as to no you havnt changed any injector settings bar injector size

Sent from my C8660 using Tapatalk 2

That ve table is weird have you entered the correct injector offset tables for you injectors ide have a guess as to no you havnt changed any injector settings bar injector size

Injector flow rate is correct, difference in injector size has been accounted for in all areas way before hand, 0% correction now throughout the lower VE table after a few more learns today in gear, IAC steps went down a little more, but will eventually need a bigger throttle body to get it where I want it. VE graph may look weird to you due to the cam specs, a lot of duration on a 110-LSA with fast ramp rate. Remember that graph only hits 2000-RPM, the upper VE table is not so steep. Very big cam for the displacement...

Im used to tuning cams in the 231 @ 0.050 or bigger 70+kpa idle.if you dont set the inject pulsewidth offset tables you get hills and valleys in the ve table instead of a nice smooth constantly rising ve table

Sent from my C8660 using Tapatalk 2

i run 231 duration cams on 8:1 comp buick v6 turbos and small 304 cube v8's yes .i wouldnt rely on self tuning VE at idle with deceint overlap .widebands lie when you have charge air going out the exhaust on the overlap closed loop idle will struggle to run real nice.ide love to see the ebl xdf can you link a copy

That is the one thing that the EBL-P4 system doesn't do, which is a good thing, and that is self tune when in boost. Bob left that out for good reason, but the base bins though are essentially base tuned for boost once the correct MAP has been selected. The SFI-6 is a little different though I take it, and I will leave that for Bob to explain. I more than trust the VE Learn with the wastegate wired open, but then have to visit the BST tables based on what the wideband is telling me under boost, but it was so damn close as it was, Bob nailed it....

Right now warm idle is set at 900-RPM, 65-kpa, but with 50+ IAC counts. I can obviously live with that, but I wanted it closer to 25 steps. I recently started over with a stock LB9 bin because I had too many hands in the cookie jar (too many perspectives from friends wanting to play with Tuner Pro), and when starting over all I did was change the Injector Flow Rate, I compensated for the larger injectors in the three areas needed, set Initial Timing to 12 degrees BTDC, set Idle State SA to 22 degrees, flagged 2-Bar MAP, and have only a few VE Learns into it so far and the damn thing pulls like a raped freaking ape at only 8-psi of boost. I pulled the stock memcal from the ECM because my heater core went, and I was afraid coolant would spew into the case because I left the memcal cover off because it would protrude. Now that the memcal is out, and the cover is back on tight and secure, I have to setup a knock filter, which is next on the list. Bob should have a copy of the XDF, he wrote it... :)

I have not got the SFI-6 started yet, the body is on the rotisserie, wiring harness is out. I have to finish the frame, hopefully throughout the week. I boxed it, re-welded the seams, put it in epoxy and coating the internal frame.

I still need to replace a rear frame rail section, and do the notch.

I have a PC right now, micro, fits in the console, and a 7" zenarc touchscreen.

Jim

What driver box is anyone using for low impedance injectors. I'm using the Acceleronics but have some problems with it, I've had the drivers fail and it holds the injector open.

What driver box is anyone using for low impedance injectors. I'm using the Acceleronics but have some problems with it, I've had the drivers fail and it holds the injector open.

Found a good deal for a couple FJO racing products drivers so I went with them, no problems so far.

Brakes are useless, tires start spinning at 1500-RPM w/out boost, and w/boost they light right up. Was holding the brakes the whole time. Open DP so you can hear it better as audio on this camera isn't that good. I tried easing into it slowly to build a little boost under the power brake, but that made no difference whatsoever, was lucky to see 1-psi at that point...