Dynamic EFI EBL Flash System For GM Sequential V6 Boosted Engines....

Street Lethal

Tech Anarchist
Soon to be released....

An EBL Flash system for 6-cylinder sequential fuel injection will be available soon. The EBL SFI-6 Flash is specifically designed for boosted engines, it has waste gate control plus a progressive alcohol injection control. Along with the ability to run a 1-bar MAP sensor in conjunction with a 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor. When in boost the EBL ECM uses the 2 or 3 bar MAP sensor, then switching to the 1 bar MAP when not in boost. This provides for the best in driveability when not in boost and the best in engine control when in boost....

DSC00396_a.JPG

Highlights:

* No chip swapping, has Flash memory on board
* High speed data logging
* USB interface to laptop/PC
* Code for the ECM is enhanced with larger tables and added functionality
* What's Up Display provides a Windows based graphical interface along with analysis screens
* Documented calibration tables for the new ECM code along with ECU and XDF definition files (used to edit the calibration tables)
* Hardware is industrial temperature specified and conformal coated for reliability and long life.

DynamicEFI

Write up talks about 1227730, 1227727, and 1227749 ECMs, but not our specific 148 ECM.

TurboDave said:
Write up talks about 1227730, 1227727, and 1227749 ECMs, but not our specific 148 ECM....

Dave, the ECM will replace the '7148 altogether, while using the stock GM harness. The beauty is that it will eliminate the proms as if the car came with a flash oriented ECM from the factory. What is good about the EBL is that, unlike the Megasquirt, you won't have to worry about the e-fan control or tranny lockup, everything remains in tact just like the factory ECM, albeit w/way more tunability and features....

NE plans to add 2 more cyls??

Chuck, the V8 ECM's have actually been released awhile back.....

EBL P4 Flash

The EBL P4 system sends ECM data to a laptop or PC running the What's Up Display program. It is simply the best and fastest data logger available for GM ECMs. The data stream contains all available engine and vehicle parameters....

Included on the EBL board is eight analog input channels. The data from these inputs is included real time with the ECM data. These analog inputs can be used for data logging WB O2 units, fuel pressure, and any other 0 to 5V linear device (accelerometer, oil pressure, oil temperature, suspension travel, and so on)....

The software to run the engine is the result of years of effort. It has been enhanced to support engines from stock through high performance monsters. Handles boost to 30 psi. The EBL code provides functionality not found in stock ECMs. Wet N2O control, lean cruise, cranking prime pulses, ability to select open loop modes for cruise, deceleration or idle....

For example:

*A real shift light
*Soft touch rev limiter
*1, 2 and 3-bar MAP support with boost SA retard and fuel multiplier tables
*Spark tables are high resolution and full size up to 6,400 RPM
*VE tables are high resolution and full size up to 8,000 RPM
*Acceleration enrichment (AE) tables have been expanded
*Changes to the fueling algorithms have been made to provide a smoother, stronger running engine.
*Electric fan control for 2 fans
*N2O wet system control: minimum MPH, TPS threshold, RPM window. Arming input
*Smart A/C control: PE disable, upper/lower RPM shutoff, re-enable delay
*Lean cruise mode for better fuel mileage
*Open loop fueling modes
*N-Alpha mode
*Emissions functions: EGR, CCP, A.I.R. and closed loop fueling....

So, in the simplest of terms, if this thing has managed to retain ALL the tables that were in our 148 setup PLUS all the stuff you mention, then that would be something worth at least looking at.... I'd like to see the software that is used to control the version that replaces our stock ECM. Just to see what tables have been retained and what hasn't.

Remember Dave that the EBL SFI-6 is Speed Density based versus the stock Mass Air Flow setup found in the '7148, and it has the look and feel of the GM calibration. There is in fact a high frequency MAF code in the EBL SFI-6, just not fully integrated with the Speed Density code just yet. On the flip side though, the wastegate tables in the $31 mask are DC% based, as the '7148 cannot measure boost. EBL SFI-6 can though, as it has a MAP sensor, so the WG tables and controls are completely different....

My bad!

"Chuck, the V8 ECM's have actually been released awhile back....."

Didn't notice that, before. The board USED TO BE all v-sicks tech!:eek::D:D

Does this use a wide band o2?

Yes, they offer the TT-1 Wide Band Controller.... :)

TT-1 WB

Highlights:

* Two analog outputs
* Dedicated WB output on channel A
* Simulated NB or WB output on channel B
* Programmable stoich value and output voltage vs AFR ranges
* Green and red LEDs for status
* USB interface for user set up and monitoring with the TT-1 WB Utility (requires WIN98, WIN2000, XP, Vista, or Windows 7)
* Microprocessor based
* Industrial grade components (-40°F through 185°F, -40°C through 85°C)
* Field upgradeable firmware
* High quality design for long life and accurate AFR reporting
* Easy to set up, no free air calibration required
* Rugged ABS case
* PCB has shock resistant mounting
* 11 to 16 volt power input
* USB drivers included for WIN98, WIN2000, XP, Vista, Windows 7, x64

img_001.jpg

ss_001.jpg

ss_002a.jpg
ss_003a.jpg

img_000.jpg

Testing for the SFI-6 isn't done yet. I'll be running one soon when it is. I have it already for my 350 chevy. running all the bells and whistles, N2O, WBO2, electric fans, etc etc.

Individual Cylinder Fueling

Also does your system handle individual sequential cylinder fueling?Are you supporting a 6 cylinder engine or 6 one cylinder engines?

Most of the testing is done, waste-gate logic, MAF reading & conversion to an airflow value, and the routine to use that to create an injector PW and a load value should be wrapped up. The requirement of a high frequency MAF sensor though such as; LT1, LS1, LQ4, etc, I believe is still mandatory....

The system can be run as Speed Density (1,2 & 3 Bar MAP) or Mass Air Flow. It can also run a secondary 1-bar MAP when using a 2 or 3-Bar as the primary. The ECM will use the 1-bar when not in boost to provide the best in driveability. Then switch to the 2/3 bar when in boost. Has a reverse lockout solenoid feature for those running a trans such as a T56, N2O control, PWM alky control, blow-off/re-circ control (allows the use of an inexpensive irrigation valve), spark retard via TCC lockup, and/or MPH, and/or boost, and/or via the 3rd & 4th gear switches in the trans, Injector firing angle and individual injector fuel trims, A/C compressor control, dual fans, EGR, CCP, A.I.R, all supported. Lean cruise, the list just goes on. The ECM firmware is user update-able, so no issues with adding features at a later date....

Can you explain the lean cruise feature in more detail? Can we adjust our own lean cruise A/f and timing offset? Also Can we adjust timing vs boost/rpm? Ve maps based on each gear? Low impedance injectors? MSD points wire output? A/f tables/ vs/rpm/boost? Data logging how many sensors, how many frames a sec? Self learning ve tables? I really need to see the software............

Also does your system handle individual sequential cylinder fueling?Are you supporting a 6 cylinder engine or 6 one cylinder engines?

According to bob, it will still be SFI. He is using a newer ECM for the base of the EBL board.
1228253 or 16198264 88-91 vin "C" G 3.8 GM 6 cylinder. Allowing him to keep it SFI.

I think this is a past creation from robert rousher and bruce pleacan. The EBL is the embeded lockers board.If i remember correctly this first started on the TBI for the ultimate TBI ecm.

There might me somemore ifo about it on the Thirdgen.org site

I think this is a past creation from robert rousher and bruce pleacan. The EBL is the embeded lockers board.If i remember correctly this first started on the TBI for the ultimate TBI ecm.

There might me somemore ifo about it on the Thirdgen.org site

You would be right, robert rousher is making them. DynamicEFI. Super nice guy.

Can you explain the lean cruise feature in more detail? Can we adjust our own lean cruise A/f and timing offset? Also Can we adjust timing vs boost/rpm? Ve maps based on each gear? Low impedance injectors? MSD points wire output? A/f tables/ vs/rpm/boost? Data logging how many sensors, how many frames a sec? Self learning ve tables? I really need to see the software............

Here, this looks like some of it.

WudScreenshots