Dynamic EFI EBL Flash System For GM Sequential V6 Boosted Engines....

Yes, the EBL SFI-6 will work with it. The ignition interface is the same as the stock ECM.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I'd like to see a E85 option similar to the SD2 chip, anything in the works on that?

Not needed. To run E85 it is a simple matter of setting up several AFR tables correctly. We have a spread sheet that creates the new values for E85, or whatever E ratio you are running. Then copy & paste into the calibration.

Also, the EBL Flash products hold 8 calibrations. Which means that various tunes can be loaded into the EBL ECM. Switching between them is instant and seamless with a click of the mouse.

RemoveBeforeFlight

I'll be getting into tuning in the spring.

Hey that is good to hear. I left off a few months back with a lifter problem in which I need to pull the intake back off and replace all of them, which with TPI is a pita, but I fawked up my arm just before that this past September/October and needed to wait it out, tore some ligament which made it impossible to grasp any tools, let alone hit the damn gym. Finally got better though the beginning of this year. Bought a set of long tube headers just to use while breaking in the new bearings, then switch to the turbo setup, but the lifters weren't pumping up and brought the build to a standstill...

b1322afe-1a25-46cf-b6fc-b2d3a22dd1d8_zpsf3q3be98.jpg

29db4f29-5e08-4b8f-a0dd-a751b269b988_zpsotazycp1.jpg

Last edited:
Came across this sweet TTA w/manual swap running the SFI-6. Not sure if this guy is down with NYThirdGen or not, but hoping to meet up with him at one of the meets. 30-psi, glad someone finally put the "manuals suck with LC2's" argument to bed...

That is awesome, I am cutting and buffing the paint now, should have the exterior and all back together in the beginning of May, and tuning will start.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

Y can't u run more then 30 pounds off boost with the ebl system ?

You can run more then 30 psi. It is just that currently the EBL ECM will only see up to 30 psi with a 3 bar MAP sensor. So no fueling or spark adjustments are available above that. Going isn't an issue, just need to get the tune correct at 30 psi to support higher boost.

How much boost are you panning to run? IIRC, the AEM 3.5 bar MAP (36.75 psi) sensor is used by others. OTOH, better heads and cam and more power can be made at lower boost levels. The compressed intake air isn't heated as much either (win-win).

RemoveBeforeFlight

You can run more then 30 psi. It is just that currently the EBL ECM will only see up to 30 psi with a 3 bar MAP sensor. So no fueling or spark adjustments are available above that. Going isn't an issue, just need to get the tune correct at 30 psi to support higher boost.

How much boost are you panning to run? IIRC, the AEM 3.5 bar MAP (36.75 psi) sensor is used by others. OTOH, better heads and cam and more power can be made at lower boost levels. The compressed intake air isn't heated as much either (win-win).

RemoveBeforeFlight
So if you get a 4 bar map sensor you can't utilize it?

Not needed. To run E85 it is a simple matter of setting up several AFR tables correctly. We have a spread sheet that creates the new values for E85, or whatever E ratio you are running. Then copy & paste into the calibration.

Also, the EBL Flash products hold 8 calibrations. Which means that various tunes can be loaded into the EBL ECM. Switching between them is instant and seamless with a click of the mouse.

RemoveBeforeFlight
You can't use a flex fuel sensor with this ECM?

Started the engine for the first time after sitting for quite awhile, started right up, linked the vid below. Need to get my alternator back, as well as a few T-Clamps that I loaned another car. Lifters that I put in there last time were junk, and I knew they were, but was hoping they would load up correctly. No good, two to three of them are locked down the very first time the pushrod goes down. TPI intake has been off since last night, replacement lifters have been soaking in oil for hours, I know there is no need to go that far with them, but don't want to hear them anymore. Should be up and running and back on the street in no time. Open exhaust, keeping it open because the turbo is going back on soon anyway, just needed to get the shaft polished after the bearings chewed it up a little...

Coming back to this thread. I've been running the car for a few years now and love it! I have the EBL controlling alky, and every other available option. Just finished the nitrous install so we'll go there.

But, I have a question. I have the 3 bar and 1 bar wired and installed, I thought the EBL was seeing both. But, after washing the engine compartment after fixing an oil leak I ruined the 3 bar. The 3 bar is what seems to display in the WUD. Is there and additional option word-bit to set when using 2 MAPs? If there is I must have missed it or inadvertently changed it.

Considering I was deployed for a year and farting around making notes in the xdf anything is possible.

Coming back to this thread. I've been running the car for a few years now and love it! I have the EBL controlling alky, and every other available option. Just finished the nitrous install so we'll go there.

But, I have a question. I have the 3 bar and 1 bar wired and installed, I thought the EBL was seeing both. But, after washing the engine compartment after fixing an oil leak I ruined the 3 bar. The 3 bar is what seems to display in the WUD. Is there and additional option word-bit to set when using 2 MAPs? If there is I must have missed it or inadvertently changed it.

Considering I was deployed for a year and farting around making notes in the xdf anything is possible.
Shoot, just found my calibration info file. It appears Option word 2 bit 5 should be checked when using both, and mine is not. Looks like I'll check it and upload a new bin when my replacement parts come in.

Ha, another thing I just realized, I'm not using the IAT/CTS blend option. I'll have to try it out. Just been using CTS, even though I installed the IAT in the intake long before the EBL.

Is anyone using the blend function?