Dynamic EFI EBL Flash System For GM Sequential V6 Boosted Engines....

Yes, that too can be done. And may be a little better then re-pinning if the EBL SFI-6 ECM is to be placed in the near stock location. As the ECM connectors are out the side instead of the end of the ECM. Gives a bit more length to the harness.

RemoveBeforeFlight

You should give John a call. Im sure he'd be all over this and making it a more or less plug and play kit will sell a lot more of them for you.

JayC said:
You should give John a call. Im sure he'd be all over this and making it a more or less plug and play kit will sell a lot more of them for you....

It essentially already is a plug and play kit, as repinning a few wires isn't really that big of a deal, and knowing Bob for as long as I have there is absolutely no way that he won't make it extremely easy for even the novice installer to install all on his own. Nobody is left to ponder what they should do next. A few things to mention in terms of the SFI-6 vs Megasquirt, is, not only the technical and tuning questions that some of the new guys may have immediately following the installation because Bob gets back to you as soon as he can (w/Megasquirt & FAST your on your own), as well as SFI-6's ability to be used with the Scanmaster, which many of you already have....

It essentially already is a plug and play kit, as repinning a few wires isn't really that big of a deal, and knowing Bob for as long as I have there is absolutely no way that he won't make it extremely easy for even the novice installer to install all on his own. Nobody is left to ponder what they should do next. A few things to mention in terms of the SFI-6 vs Megasquirt, is, not only the technical and tuning questions that some of the new guys may have immediately following the installation because Bob gets back to you as soon as he can (w/Megasquirt & FAST your on your own), as well as SFI-6's ability to be used with the Scanmaster, which many of you already have....

I'm here with support for megasquirt and im pretty fast to respond, also on the ms3 forums the guys are fast as well. Also from what I have heard Cal is pretty fast to help with FAST...

Dan

Daniel Jost said:
I'm here with support for megasquirt and im pretty fast to respond, also on the ms3 forums the guys are fast as well. Also from what I have heard Cal is pretty fast to help with FAST....

Dan

Dan, I meant a response from who actually wrote the code for each system.... :)

Both systems, Megasquirt and FAST work very very well, and offer loads of features and tunability. Megasquirt is of course open source, but information isn't as quick as you are suggesting that it is. I myself can submit a question on the Megasquirt forum and immediately get fifty different suggestions from users and moderators, but that doesn't mean that the problem is fixed. There was someone on another board having a problem getting the MSII to work with their HEI, they received many suggestions from various users and they tried everything, but the problem persisted and they were getting frustrated. It isn't like they could reach out to Bowling and Grippo and get a response right away, it is more of a trial and error until the issue is resolved through various people who also happen to use, and are familiar with the Megasquirt. The issue was finally resolved of course, but this was after weeks of trying so many different possibilities and suggestions. I'm not even going to get into if something happens inside of the ECM because it was hooked up wrong, as that is when those users are really on their own....

During the assembly you do checks for the circuits and a stim board assures propper operation. MsII doesn't have the support from james Cortina like ms3 does. James wrote a custom code for my turbo buick within 3 days when I went to cnp and needed the code modified for correct dwell. Anyways I don't want to spam the thread I just don't think this is something comparable to a stand alone system like FAST,MS3, or BS3... maybe something more like moates ,if that's how its spelled , would be more comparable to discuss the pros and cons against.

Dan

Anyways I don't want to spam the thread I just don't think this is something comparable to a stand alone system like FAST,MS3, or BS3... maybe something more like moates ,if that's how its spelled , would be more comparable to discuss the pros and cons against.

Dan

This system looks ok to me over what the stock ecm can do, but I think your right its not like a fast XFI, but either is the price. Lacking the points output trigger, won;t allow me to use this system or test it on a stage 2 car unfortunately.

Daniel Jost said:
Anyways I don't want to spam the thread I just don't think this is something comparable to a stand alone system like FAST,MS3, or BS3... maybe something more like moates ,if that's how its spelled , would be more comparable to discuss the pros and cons against.

Dan

Dan, you don't quite see what the system is designed for. It isn't meant to be a standalone system, it is meant to be a system that is compatible with the stock GM harness and application. It is a system designed to replace the stock eprom setup with a flash setup, with tons more features and tunability. Megasquirt and FAST have their place in the EFI world, but when dealing with an LC2, LB9, L98, LO3, LO5, etc, it would be completely meaningless to install a standalone system when the EBL and SFI-6 does everything that a standalone system can do while retaining the stock GM harness. No major splicing and routing of the wires needed, and it is even compatible with the Scanmaster. Again, if we're talking about a car that did not come with EFI, I would highly recommend any one of the standalone systems that you are applauding, but if we're talking about a GM application, why go through all of that extra work installing a standalone setup when the EBL SFI-6 does the same exact thing, and then some, without the hassle.... :)

The thing i want to know is this. Does the software still use the base bin files of the stock ECM? Or has someone totally redone the code to do away with all of the crap that GM installed.

If the stock code is still in use the only thing that thios thing has done away with is the prom burning aspect.

Does this system allow you to make changes live time without having to reburn/reflash the entire file.

I gave up burning chips along time ago due to all of the crap that i couldn't change only bits and pieces of it.

I bought a classic fast and never looked back.

I later built a Megasquirt for my 91 eagle talon and it work great and i only had 226 buck in it.

Tuning EFI is one thing when using a standalone because the software is easier to understand and navigate because it's being put in the hands of people that are not software engineers. unlike understanding hex.

When messing with stock Bin files it can make on crazy when looking thru all the crap that in it.

The standalone are geared towards performance.

The stock stuff has to maintain emissions,mpg, then performance.

It's not the ECM thats a problem it's the software thats inside that makes the difference and the ease of use.

The EBL SFI-6 firmware is nothing like the stock '7148 $31 code. Although it still retains the look and feel of GM firmware, and also supports all emissions equipment. Of course having the emissions equipment is optional.

As I mentioned above there is no live updating. Flashing in a calibration only takes about 3.5 seconds. The EBL systems are just that, a system that works together. The hardware, firmware (ECM code), and software (What's Up Display (WUD)) were designed to work together.

The EBL SFI-6 is our third EBL product. There is the EBL Flash for 2-bbl TBI systems (and MPFI with the Port Mod), the EBL P4 Flash for MPFI systems (4, 6, & 8 cylinder). And soon to be SFI-6 Flash system. For sequential fuel injected 6 cylinder engines.

The WUD is straight forward and easy to use. Can see screen shots of the EBL and EBL P4 WUD here:

WudScreenshots
P4 Wud Screen Shot

The EBL SFI-6 WUD will use the color on black display like the EBL P4 WUD. Note that some of the screen shots are outdated. As the VE Learn now goes to 8,000 RPM, and the Areas of Spark knock also has a display for when in boost.

The WUD is constantly being updated and the updates are free to all EBL owners.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Having he EBL for the TBI, I am anxiously waiting for the SFI-6. For me, this is the best option, instead of buying scanmaster, MAF pro, etc.

And Bob is awesome in tech support!

Daniel Jost said:
Is this system speed density or do you have to still depend on a poor MAF setup?

Dan

The system is Speed Density, and the stock LC2 MAF wiring is used to wire the MAP signal to the ECM (1, 2, or 3 bar)..... :)

liquidh8 said:
For me, this is the best option, instead of buying scanmaster....

Scanmaster is compatible with SFI-6, so for those who already have one there is no need to remove it. This is also a very nice feature because with Megasquirt and FAST, the Scanmaster is essentially useless, and many members already have one.... :)

The EBL wire can be connected to the USB port on a laptop. A log file is saved to the location you desire.

"Black box" or SD card data logging?

This is something that we have been looking at. What happens is that it becomes a bit too expensive and ends up not being viable. Personally, I think it would be great to not have to use a laptop to data log.

But then you can't make changes to the tune either. Or look at a data log while in the car. A real catch-22.

RemoveBeforeFlight

Street Lethal just re-directed me here from the TGO site while I am figuring out what to do with my MAF. I am still gathering up stuff for my 88 Firebird project and the engine is going Buick. I'm pretty sold on the EBL-6 so far, it will help me upgrade from my 60 degree V6 at the same time that I get my turbo stuff together.

I will probably need a different re-pin instruction sheet for my third gen V6 harness than the Buick guys need. Also, I'm glad to see the support for both automatic and stick transmissions. I am going (and staying) stick.

Bob, are you or Street Lethal going to announce in this thread when the system will be available?

Thanks!

Street Lethal just re-directed me here from the TGO site while I am figuring out what to do with my MAF. I am still gathering up stuff for my 88 Firebird project and the engine is going Buick. I'm pretty sold on the EBL-6 so far, it will help me upgrade from my 60 degree V6 at the same time that I get my turbo stuff together.

I will probably need a different re-pin instruction sheet for my third gen V6 harness than the Buick guys need. Also, I'm glad to see the support for both automatic and stick transmissions. I am going (and staying) stick.

Bob, are you or Street Lethal going to announce in this thread when the system will be available?

Thanks!

One of us will announce it in this thread, or a new thread. Odds are it will be me as I'll be the first to know.

EBL SFI-6 has reverse lockout solenoid activation for the T56 transmissions. Or any others that may use it. Lots of features in this EBL system.

Now with a blue coat,

RemoveBeforeFlight

Data Point Resolution

What is the data point resolution for afr vs rpm??