Dynamic EFI EBL Flash System For GM Sequential V6 Boosted Engines....

SloGN said:
I think this is a past creation from robert rousher and bruce pleacan....

I'm not too sure Doc was that involved with the Embedded Lockers system, I do know that he was fooling around with the $60 mask w/boost code during that time just before he passed away. It was Bob though and I believe another member who first introduced EBL to the TBI guys to start, if I recall, but it's been awhile so I'm not too sure. I hesitate in inviting Bob to this thread because he is not a vendor here, but if Shane doesn't mind him chiming in, then Bob can at least expand on the software and features for everyone since he actually wrote the code....

TurboDave said:
This isn't our 148 ECM, but this is a little scary!!!

That's optional, we can save a few bucks by doing the conversion ourselves, or have Dynamic EFI assemble it for us.... :)

I am die hard aftermarket guy. But this looks like something I would like to try.

I am die hard aftermarket guy. But this looks like something I would like to try.

Don;t get too excited, I don;t think this will work with low impedance injectors. That question is still up in the air.

norbs said:
Don;t get too excited, I don;t think this will work with low impedance injectors. That question is still up in the air.

It can drive either 8 saturated injectors, or 8 port type peak-and-hold injectors....

Dave, I should have immediately noted that that link you provided is actually the wrong install guide....

The SFI-6 will be identical to the following EBL P4 install guide...;

EBL P4 Install

I looked at that install, but that ECM is NOTHING like the 148.

Is there even a 148 install anywhere. Has it even been attempted?

TurboDave said:
I looked at that install, but that ECM is NOTHING like the 148. Is there even a 148 install anywhere. Has it even been attempted?

That guide I linked was just meant to give you an idea of the installation process, but the inner dimensions of the SFI-6 has not been documented just yet due to its' final testing stages. It will of course be much improved over the '7148 though, especially with both high and low impedance injector drivers....

Pretty sweet setup for the not so tech savvy. What's the price on this setup with wb?

Also the new ms3 code supports tcc lockup and fan control.

Dan

Daniel Jost said:
Also the new ms3 code supports tcc lockup and fan control.

Dan

Yes, the MS3 supports TCC lockup and e-fan control, but it has no actual electronic transmission control though. I believe EBL SFI-6 will be offering electronic transmission control as an added feature in the very near future, and the firmware is of course updatable.... :)

Ms3 supports electronic trans control using the GPIO board. Though there is no need for this on a turbobuick. I don't want to drag this off topic.

Anyways this seems like a great option for the people that want to do their own tuning with minimal tech knowledge/hassle. Does this have auto VE tuning or flash on the fly ability?

Dan

.... it's always good to offer a little comparison, especially when it isn't that uncommon to find a 4l60 residing in a G-Body these days. The Megasquirt does in fact offer the GPIO board, but again, the SFI-6 is essentially a stock replacement/upgrade, using the stock harness, so much less cutting, splicing and repinning. I always felt that the Megasquirt is best suited for vehicles that did not come equipped with fuel injection from the factory, but it is still a good system nonetheless. Yes, the EBL has self tuning and auto learn abilities on the fly. :)

It sounds like a darn good system/option for guys looking to do their own tuning, especially for the price! I didn't have to do any cutting, I just built an adapter harness.

Dan

I would love to try this system on a friends stage 2 car, are there any injector size limitations? Anyway to use a msd box with a distributor?

Yes, the MS3 supports TCC lockup and e-fan control, but it has no actual electronic transmission control though. I believe EBL SFI-6 will be offering electronic transmission control as an added feature in the very near future, and the firmware is of course updatable.... :)

Some people might be interested in the 4l80 too.
So at these point whats the final cost for an EBL SFI-6 that's all ready to go with WB saying we have a 1 and 2 bar MAPs?

To introduce myself

Hi, I am the owner of Dynamic EFI and am in the process of becoming a board vendor. Shane gave his thumbs up allowing me to post in this thread.

I've been in electronics/computers for many years. Having worked in some major design and manufacturing companies. We have been in business for about 5-1/2 years now.

I pulled a bunch of question from your posts to answer them.

> Esc: How is spark control integrated into the system?

The ESC system can use the stock knock sensor (100K) and filter (external). It can also use a different sensor (3.9K) while using an internal knock filter. Since the knock filters are finely tuned, and these are boosted engines, until further testing is done using the stock sensor/filter is best.

> MSD points wire output?
> Anyway to use a msd box with a distributor?

The EST interface is the same as the '7148 ECM. So it is plug & play with the stock CCCI set up. Which allows it to also run with the newer Buick quick start set up.

It will also work with a stock 3.8l CCC Buick distributor, IF, a cam sensor is also added.

I don't know enough about the various MSD systems to comment. Although if they work on the '7148 ECM, they will work on the EBL SFI-6 ECM.

> Are there any injector size limitations?

254 #/hr is the upper limit (each injector, about 2200 HP total w/gasoline).

> Individual Cylinder Fueling:
> Also does your system handle individual sequential cylinder fueling?

Individual injector fuel trims, separate in idle and off idle tables, +- 12.5%.

> Can you explain the lean cruise feature in more detail?
> Can we adjust our own lean cruise A/f and timing offset?

Yes to both, AFR vs load, and added SA vs load. There are also timers to switch in & out of lean cruise mode, along with MPH, load, and CTS thresholds. Switching in & out is important as the engine takes time to stabilize.

> Low impedance injectors?

To use low impedance injectors will need the same type of mod that is done with the '7148 ECM.

> Data logging how many sensors, how many frames a sec?

All of the EFI ECM sensors are logged, along with many other parameters. The data is sent 17 times a second. There are also eight 10-bit ADC channels that are data logged. These inputs can be used for any linear output device with a 0-5 volt output.

The system is provided with a USB interface.

> Self learning ve tables?

Yes, function is built into the What's Up Display (WUD).

> flash on the fly ability?

Can not flash on the fly. It takes about 3.5 seconds to update the calibration.

> but the inner dimensions of the SFI-6 has not been documented
> just yet due to its' final testing stages.

The EBL SFI-6 Flash ECM is the same size & form factor as the ECM shown in the first post of this thread. It uses three connectors. The stock harness will need to be re-pinned while adding the third connector. Only needs to be done once, and the re-pinning guide will be provided. The additional connector will also be available.

> Also, can we adjust timing vs boost/rpm?

Yes, it is a timing reduction table versus boost & RPM.

There is also timing reduction versus 3rd and 4th gear for automatics. And timing reduction versus MPH.

PE added timing versus gear for stick transmissions. PE timing added for automatics.

Can use any mix of the above, or only one.

> Is there even a 148 install anywhere. Has it even been attempted?

The '7148 doesn't have much room inside as it is two full size boards. It is also limited in I/O, which the EBL SFI-6 ECM has a lot more of. This allows the addition of features that work in conjunction with the fueling and SA side of things.

The SFI-6 ECM also supports high frequency MAFs. This area is still a little up in the air. We have decided that a MAP sensor is mandatory. Once our test vehicle is back on the road we will be testing the use of a MAF along with the speed density system.

Not sure where that will lead.

The ECM firmware is field upgradable, so features can be added/changed for the better at a later time. Our EBL Flash product has had one such upgrade.

Thank you for your time and interest in our products.

RemoveBeforeFlight, aka, Bob Rauscher

Bob, how about an adapter harness from Caspers? Probably make installation much easier than repinning. That was one of the downsides to the Maf Pro when it came out.

Bob, how about an adapter harness from Caspers? Probably make installation much easier than repinning. That was one of the downsides to the Maf Pro when it came out.

Yes, that too can be done. And may be a little better then re-pinning if the EBL SFI-6 ECM is to be placed in the near stock location. As the ECM connectors are out the side instead of the end of the ECM. Gives a bit more length to the harness.

RemoveBeforeFlight