Dyna Tech Stage 3 chip

wheelstands

Only mod I've found so far is the Dyno Tech stage 3 chip. No adjustable rod, stock injectors and the boost is pegging the stock gauge. I would take any recommendations as far as the fuel pump upgrade part number. Again, I just purchased the car and am new to all this info. I did have two new grand nationals back in the 80's but they were never modified. I'm learning a ton from you guys, I just don't want to hurt the motor.

SCOOBY DOO

I'M NOT A MONSTER, I'M JUST AHEAD OF THE CURVE!!!
Stock gauge is inaccurate. Do not go WOT with it...especially with that chip. 255 pump from your favorite vendor. And get yourself a TT chip. Personally, I wouldn't drive it until the TT chip and new pump are in it. You'll need a SM to keep an eye on things and a boost gauge as well. And a fuel pressure gauge on the end of the rail to set the fuel pressure and an AFPR for Erics chip.

V6sleeper

Only mod I've found so far is the Dyno Tech stage 3 chip. No adjustable rod, stock injectors and the boost is pegging the stock gauge. I would take any recommendations as far as the fuel pump upgrade part number. Again, I just purchased the car and am new to all this info. I did have two new grand nationals back in the 80's but they were never modified. I'm learning a ton from you guys, I just don't want to hurt the motor.
Get a new chip,injectors, pump and a hot wire kit to be on the safe side and stay out of boost until you do..
then you can start from there with other things

JayC

T6P.Com/TB.com Administrator/Webmaster
Staff member
When I was at the track with fred there was another guy with him looking at things.
Joe and Fred did not live close to each other so thats not surprising.

Im about 99% sure Joe did his chips. There werent a lot of guys doing them back then. Just like me, a whole bunch of places sold our stuff without saying it was our stuff.