Dw 300 fuel pump return line

maleman00

Read some conflicting stuff, was after a straight answer. Does the dw 300 work alright with stock return line.

For some people yes, others no. How's that for a straight answer? The sequence can go do the pump, if the return line isn't working drill the fittings, next is remove the fitting and third is replace the line. Guess it depends on how much you want to kuck with it or spend money and know it will work. No one can answer that but you.

If you are not using e85 you will prolly need to drill the fittings or at least bypass them....the Saginaw fitting is the problem on the return side. It will cause the internal pressure regulator to open. The one in the pump. This will cause your fuel gauge to buzz,idle pressure to be high and uncontrollable,and WOT could be affected. I hate spell check. If I wanna abuse the English language I will.

I have installed almost a dozen DW pumps in stock GN's and have yet to have a return line issue?

You may be one a thousand, so just install it and then deal with it IF it is an issue.

So much crap on the internet gets blown out of proportion because one person has an issue with his particular car?

The key word here is "stock" right?

My experiences are based on an aeromotive stealth 340 and not a stock vehicle. The scenarios listed above were posted for help if you have or had a negative response from your install. Thanks Nick for giving amore experienced response to the original post.

I'm referring to stock return line, running e85. I know everyone is saying the 340 pumps require modification because of idle pressure. But I was curious on the Dw 300. Leaning towards double pumper setup but I like to research my options, that and the cost of a double.

I have no issues and I am running E85. With a higher pulse width on the injectors, the car obviously uses more of the fuel from the rail. It has to be a contributing factor but to what degree I can't say.

My fuel of choice is premium pump gas and alchy.......soooo I had pressure issues and bypassed the Saginaw fittings and the heat from the downpipe.

I'm referring to stock return line, running e85. I know everyone is saying the 340 pumps require modification because of idle pressure. But I was curious on the Dw 300. Leaning towards double pumper setup but I like to research my options, that and the cost of a double.

Now you have injected another factor that is NOT stock, e-85? :)

What we have found on e-85 cars is that they respond better to higher base fuel pressure than the normal 44 psi which is not stock either?

On a street e-85 build we may only increase base pressure from 45 psi to ~50 psi. On a 400-500 HP build, we are between 50-60 psi depending on what the car likes best by dyno or street runs.

To me this is ironic that e-85 cars actually like the increased base fuel pressure and some people and applications may see this as an issue! :D

Just like Nick said, me and a couple of GN buddies have installed the DW with no issues and no need to modify anything.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Can some one recomend a vendor for the deutchworks pump?
Is it a direct replacement for a stock?
I have a tank leak and as long as I'm dropping it, a new pump and hot wire setup shall go in. Probably a new filter too.

Can some one recomend a vendor for the deutchworks pump?
Is it a direct replacement for a stock?
I have a tank leak and as long as I'm dropping it, a new pump and hot wire setup shall go in. Probably a new filter too.

Nick Micale

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app