Duttweiler Neck for stock IC

Snappy6

Snappy6
I'm looking to upgrade to a Duttweiler Neck for a stock IC. First off is it worth it and what kind of improvment should I see. :confused:

Thanks

From what I understand, it is a PITA to install, but should be worth at least 2 tenths. Why not either buy a used stock IC with it attached or better yet get the IC and a half with it from Cottons? I have that and I picked up at about 3 tenths with a TE44 on a stock headed motor.

IC

Night Train you wouldn't happen to have a phone # or an e-mail address I'm not able to find a link for Cottons

Thanks ;)

Jack's on his way to Moroco this weekend to race. His work number is 413-789-0531. Lisa is there and should be able to help you. I believe the list on the IC and a half is $649. Unfortunately, not all parts get posted to his website. Just too many I guess.

Originally posted by Snappy6
I'm looking to upgrade to a Duttweiler Neck for a stock IC. First off is it worth it and what kind of improvment should I see. :confused:

Thanks

I did the Dutt neck to my stock IC and it was a PITA. Took me about 1 week (2 hours a day) but I had a spare IC to work with so I really wasn't in a hurry. It came out VERY good compared to the ones I've seen out on other cars. It was welded with a MIG at my friends shop, and grinded, then painted Flat Black. As far as performance goes, I was able to see 2 more psi with no knock after the swap. It's a good cheap mod that will help the stock IC go as fast as 11.60's with no problem. Until then, I think buying another IC is just a waste of money.

Just my .02.
:cool: