Dual SPAL fans not working!

TRICKSIXPA

East Coast Go fast with class club MAGNA!!!
Staff member
Brand new Dual Spal fans from GN1 not coming on with Casper harness. What should I be looking for?? Stock engine harness is working. powers on at 168 from the TT chip. Could the Casper’s fan harness be bad or the $5 relays that come with it?? I tried to hot wire the harness and nothing happened.

Is the wire (fuseable link I think) that hooks to the battery good? The stock harness just triggers the relays I think; all the power for the fans comes through that. The caspers harness probably has a delay box in it too so one fan will turn on then the other after a few seconds.

Is the wire (fuseable link I think) that hooks to the battery good? The stock harness just triggers the relays I think; all the power for the fans comes through that. The caspers harness probably has a delay box in it too so one fan will turn on then the other after a few seconds.
The fuseable link is good first thing I checked to see is if the fan harness got power once the chip got up to temp. It did so I ruled out anything with the car harness.

The fuseable link is good first thing I checked to see is if the fan harness got power once the chip got up to temp. It did so I ruled out anything with the car harness.
I don't have the GN1 fans but I do have a very similar setup that used the Caspers harness. The only issue I had was it was the connection to the fans themselves came unplugged easily. I ended up completely re-wiring my setup with a MSD solid state relay when I went over to the Holley.

Did you apply 12v directly to one of the fans at a time from the battery to make sure the fans work? If you have voltage going in (fuse link) voltage at the trigger wire (from stock harness) and you verify the fans work it has to be the relays or the wiring for it. I would give Caspers a call to see if they have any troubleshooting advice for it.

I don't have the GN1 fans but I do have a very similar setup that used the Caspers harness. The only issue I had was it was the connection to the fans themselves came unplugged easily. I ended up completely re-wiring my setup with a MSD solid state relay when I went over to the Holley.

Did you apply 12v directly to one of the fans at a time from the battery to make sure the fans work? If you have voltage going in (fuse link) voltage at the trigger wire (from stock harness) and you verify the fans work it has to be the relays or the wiring for it. I would give Caspers a call to see if they have any troubleshooting advice for it.
no I did not test the fans individually.

I’m gonna wire up the Spal fans directly tomorrow I’m pretty sure I have some Spal fan connectors laying around. So I will hard wire it directly and see what happens.

There was a wire installed incorrectly on the harness fans fired right up. Don’t know if the body shop or the cars owner installed it.

The Casper's dual fan harness is pretty straight forward with the connections. They must have been really high!