Dual pump wiring

GBGN1

stroked
Having a brainfart, hooking a atr dual fuel pump up. With the second pump a relay is used and the power is taken from the alternator or controller source, not spliced from the other pumps relay power? correct?

The second pump has its own hot wire that is connected to a Hobbs switch and a fuse that connects to alternator if I remember correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the trigger signal for the second relay should be sourced from the hob switch you do not want the high current to pass through the hobb switch as it will cause early failure as for the source of power for the second pump you can source it from the alternator or you can use the same power wire to the first pump if it is adequate for both pumps as such a # 10 would be more than enough

Thanks for the responses . I'm using Holley efi . I wanted to use it to trigger the second pump with a ground instead of using battery voltage through the Holley. The first pump has a Hotwire kit on it already and I guess my biggest question was if both relays could share that power.