Dual feeding

turbov6joe

Signal 1 J-12
I bought a car and wss looking under it and noticed that the tranny builder wrote inside of the bellhousing all off the things he did to it. One of the things was "dual feeding direct". Can someone please explain in layman's terms what this mod does, and why is it a benefit? I also noticed that the servo appears to have not been changed and looks original. Are the builders today not installing the billet servos anymore?. TIA

The direct clutch has a two section inner/outer apply piston. The inner area is normally used for the direct apply (3rd gear). Both sections are used for reverse. A dual feed mod uses both the inner and outer areas of the piston to apply the direct clutch in 3rd gear. This doubles the apply pressure in 3rd gear.

The larger billet servos for second gear really aren't necessary if the transmission is built right. The larger servos can cause a shift timing problem so a lot of builders don't use them.

I bought a car and wss looking under it and noticed that the tranny builder wrote inside of the bellhousing all off the things he did to it. One of the things was "dual feeding direct". Can someone please explain in layman's terms what this mod does, and why is it a benefit? I also noticed that the servo appears to have not been changed and looks original. Are the builders today not installing the billet servos anymore?. TIA
I had a trans come from Arizona that had the same type of list on bell housing.

The direct clutch has a two section inner/outer apply piston. The inner area is normally used for the direct apply (3rd gear). Both sections are used for reverse. A dual feed mod uses both the inner and outer areas of the piston to apply the direct clutch in 3rd gear. This doubles the apply pressure in 3rd gear.

The larger billet servos for second gear really aren't necessary if the transmission is built right. The larger servos can cause a shift timing problem so a lot of builders don't use them.
Thanks for the info!!