Dual fans, windows and door locks not working

Murdock

ISSUE SOLVED 3/20/2015- thanks pacecarta !!

I have an issue some where that is not allowing my door locks, power windows, or the dual fans to work. I would assume they are related some how? I did check my fuseable links and I have power to all of them. I checked the hi/low relays and replaced with known good ones and still same issue. I put a ground to the water temp sending unit to see if that will turn on the fans and still nothing. I did take a pen light to the fuse panel and found that 25 amp AC is not getting power on either side of the fuse. And yes I did the the key on. ANy ideas where I should look next. Thanks in advance for any help you guys may be able to provide.

Last edited:
Dave, You mention you have power "to" the fuseable links. You need to check that you have power "through" the links.

Yes, I checked for power after the black portion of the link on all of the links . I thought if it was bad it would be in that location. I also checked the same colored wires leading to the fuse block right at the fire wall.

is that the silver one? I will try and find a layout of the fuse panel...thanks for the tip!

i think the silver fuse is a self resetting circuit breaker for the power windows...

if you have the owner's manual, the fusebox layout is in there.. if not, i think there is a diagram on gnttype.org somewhere.

So I have been trying to figure this car out. I replaced a fuseable link that was bad but it did not solve the issue. I put a pin light on the 25amp A/C fuse and I have no power with the key on. The 5 amp above it is also dead. I am getting 12v on all fuse links. Not sure why the A/C 25 amp is dead on the fuse block. I think it is related to why my fans will not come on and perhaps the windows still not working. Any ideas guys?!?!

its switched power ...it runs through the ignition switch
if it goes in and doesnt come out then the switch is the problem

pacecarta: do you recall the color wire off hand? If not I can dig up a schematic...Thank you for your help thus far!!

orange at C1 ..it feeds c/h fuse, a/c fuse and wdo fuse

ignition sw power diagram.jpg

SOLVED!!!! pacecarta, your information helped me solve my issue!! When I went to replace the switch, the black connector to the ign switch was loose and not connected to the switch. I plugged it in and all worked as normal. Since I was in ther that deep I went ahead and changed the ign switch, and I will keep this one for any future need, if Im ever stranded since it does still work. Thanks pacecarta and all who helped with info.