Driveshaft speed monitoring .

If you want to maximize your individual combo for road or track conditions.this is the great direction.understanding wheelspeed and looking at charge pressure is how the heavy hitters hit heavy;)
This is when I thank the guys for being the ones that do research and acquire data like this. Then they move ahead and take things to that next level.

Because I'm going to have to step-off and practice the old Reganomics theory from the 80's. Just sit back and wait for it to trickle down.

Seems a little over the top though. Not that there is anything wrong with that. I'm just saying.

For Dave, yes. This is a tool that can be used to help develop the perfect different stall speeds for the commonly built performance combinations. But I wasn't aware that he was interested in building custom converters for every application.

Dave?
I have developed and I am testing a few different designs. Sam will be trying a new converters for me this year, hence the data logging. It is the only way to get a clear picture of its actual performance.

Wow! Now that’s high tech, there! Website says it’s so accurate that you can see the effect of wind on Elapsed Time! That’s insane!

How will you interface this data with your power logger (assuming you’ll even want to)?

Definitely out the box thinking here!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wow! Now that’s high tech, there! Website says it’s so accurate that you can see the effect of wind on Elapsed Time! That’s insane!

How will you interface this data with your power logger (assuming you’ll even want to)?

Definitely out the box thinking here!

It will be separate logs . The drive shaft speed & motor rpm's will be on the same graph on the Data Master and we can reference to the power logger graphs using the rpm from both. For example boost at a given rpm . A slipping trans even at the early stages would stick out like a sore thumb .

A little more progress , I had to modify the trigger collar to keep it from rubbing on the pinion seal . Mounted the collar and made a bracket for the proximity switch and installed the switch on the bracket . I need to bring my test box from work to set up the switch which is critical as the switch only has a 4mm sensing range max . Next will be the wiring .

DSCN0618.JPG
DSCN0621.JPG

Nice progress. Is the yoke tapered at the spot the ring mounts? Where was it modified? On the ID? Or the surface on the seal side?

Nice progress. Is the yoke tapered at the spot the ring mounts? Where was it modified? On the ID? Or the surface on the seal side?

On the side where the yoke tapers , had to open up the ID .030" and cut it .070" deep . Fits like a glove .

A little more progress , I had to modify the trigger collar to keep it from rubbing on the pinion seal . Mounted the collar and made a bracket for the proximity switch and installed the switch on the bracket . I need to bring my test box from work to set up the switch which is critical as the switch only has a 4mm sensing range max . Next will be the wiring .

View attachment 319397 View attachment 319398
Looking great