Drivers side exhaust manifold

84-85 are hot air and probably use the same exhaust manifolds. Never really messed with hot air cars. 86-87 are the same

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

84-85 DS header did not have the extra heat shields that 86-87 had to protect the plug wire boots. other than that, they are the same as far as fitment goes.

if using 84-85 header or aftermarket that does not have these heat shields, get some boot protector sleeves from jegs or summit.

84-85 DS HEADER
P1000364.JPG

86-87 DS HEADER
P1000363.JPG

Perfect, thanks.
I'm going to putting an 87 manifold on an 84, so it will get the added benefit of the heat shields.

The only benefit to those head shields is if you enjoy some rattling when they start to break loose.

Outside of that, just run what is sealed and works to drive the turbo.

The reason I was asking is I'm doing an engine on an '84 WH1 and the owner of the car lost his exhaust manifolds over last winter.
I took it apart last summer (2017), engine is re-built (turbo is re-built also) and fully assembled hanging on the engine stand in my garage waiting for him to find another set of hot air manifolds.
Is the left manifold also the same as non turbo?

Hey Gene, thanks for the kind words. Some folks are not good with computers or performing internet searches and trying to conduct research on a smartphone using your fingers is no substitute for a real computer with a decent size screen to view the information.

I try to share whatever I may know on a subject or can look up with anyone who cares to pause for a moment to listen or read.

Ever heard of DNA Motorsports?
The owner of the '84 in question just dropped off a set of stainless exhaust manifolds from these folks.

Are they any good?

They feel ok, weight wise anyways, nice thick flanges.

I tried to check them out on-line, but they have the worst website ever... which throws up some red flags.

@raregn, don't know of DNA Motorsports, but that doesn't mean anything. key is, are the flanges FLAT? expecting that those headers are imported, check out what Steve V captured inspecting imported headers. 86-87 or 84-85 - what to look for, to confirm and to question about the manufacturing and build quality is same...

It's an 84 WH1 T-Type. I'm doing the engine on it for him and he lost his exhaust manifolds.
I just went out the garage and installed them on the engine (still on the engine stand). the drivers side fit pretty well other than I had to get new bolts cause it only uses 2 long bolts.
the passenger side didn't fit that well, had a little trouble getting all 6 bolts to line up. Then the crossover pipe doesn't fit at all and the up pipe from the right manifold to the turbo is to short.
It's like the jig slipped for the passenger side manifold, the crossover is past the flange and the up pipe doesn't reach.