Drain issue

michael evans

Ever since I put on the GN1 drain back it seems that oil has been leaking into the inlet.

In taking the Turbe off to send it t Turbonetics I saw that the line might of been kinked some.

Will that alone make the oil leak ?

Has anyone made their own drain back ? I am ready to. I would have stayed with the factory parts if I knew it would cause this issue.

I had a video up explaining the problem but I pulled it. It will be on the website soon. My advice is to run the stock oil return. It will save you a lot of aggravation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How much oil pressure is to much before the seal (s) leak ? Has anyone put a gauge or regulator on the input ?

I made my own then bought a GN1 drain back and had problems with both. If I had not sold the factory part, I would just install that back on.

There aren’t any seals and any positive pressure above the inlet or exhaust pressure will cause the oil to leak into corresponding sides of the turbo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The main reason I took the turbo off and sent it to Turbonetics is because it was dripping oil into the intake side.
I first noticed that the new air filter was getting dirty quick.

After getting the up-pipe off, the intake itself also had an oil coating that I know for sure was clean just a few months ago.

The oil is foamy after the turbo so it needs a big drain hose. If not large enough oil has nowhere to go so it goes out the shaft ends.