DOWNPIPE TIME BUT WAIT.............WHICH ONE????

Screenshot_20180116-210706.png

So bang for your buck on a mostly stock street driven car there isn't much benefit for the work/cost to do this upgrade?

A lot of guys do it because it is an easy and visible upgrade (you know bigger is better :p )

I'd have to agree with the other guys about no hp gain.
Especially if you're putting a 3 inch downpipe on a stock Turbo.
Stock turbocharger has less then 2.5 inch opening.

I'm putting a 6266 turbocharger and I noticed the stock elbow is blocking part of the exhaust wheel on the turbo.
So thats why I'm doing a 3 inch down pipe.

I would do a turbocharger swap instead.
$$ better spent.
Something like t49 or t44 will still work ok with stock elbow/down pipe.

I'd have to agree with the other guys about no hp gain.
Especially if you're putting a 3 inch downpipe on a stock Turbo.
Stock turbocharger has less then 2.5 inch opening.

I'm putting a 6266 turbocharger and I noticed the stock elbow is blocking part of the exhaust wheel on the turbo.
So thats why I'm doing a 3 inch down pipe.

I would do a turbocharger swap instead.
$$ better spent.
Something like t49 or t44 will still work ok with stock elbow/down pipe.
Car can go 11s with a 49 and stock exhaust stuff at a heavy weight

I bought DP it turned out not to be a THDP but ATR in excellence shape with test pipe and a test pipe with dump so I don't know how I missed the comments on its a waste of money and time to do the 3" DP since for years Ive been told that that upgrade is a staple item for the TR like AFPR, Scanmaster, bigger injectors,etc and on top if it all I brought from a very good shop here in Maryland that specializes in only TR's and he assured me I would notice a difference so Im feeling a little torn between "is it going to make difference?' OR "I got screwed and a waste ?'

I bought DP it turned out not to be a THDP but ATR in excellence shape with test pipe and a test pipe with dump so I don't know how I missed the comments on its a waste of money and time to do the 3" DP since for years Ive been told that that upgrade is a staple item for the TR like AFPR, Scanmaster, bigger injectors,etc and on top if it all I brought from a very good shop here in Maryland that specializes in only TR's and he assured me I would notice a difference so Im feeling a little torn between "is it going to make difference?' OR "I got screwed and a waste ?'
From a power standpoint it's not needed to run 11s like many have stated and just makes the car louder.but there is nothing wrong with just putting some nice parts on your car and if you do want to put the squeeze to the car later the exhaust is there.

well that's what is going on now Im gathering up all the parts to going after the most necessary ones that 1) hard to find and costly 2) lengthy installation process so I was just concerned buts its all part of the bigger picture later so now alky control next

Many alleged "real" THDP's turn out not to be the real thing. https://www.turbobuick.com/threads/will-the-real-thdp-get-revealed.428497/

ATR is a very good pipe. Just be sure it doesn't have the sticking puck issue...

I don't think its a waste. After all, you'll keep wanting to go faster anyway so you would have bought one eventually in all probability :D.
Good point about the ATR downpipe, I have the ATR downpipe on my car, it's a nice pipe but I had issues with the wastegate puck sticking all the time.
I fixed that problem by ordering a stainless steel puck from RJC and welding it on. Never had a issue with sticking again.