DOWNPIPE TIME BUT WAIT.............WHICH ONE????

wbzautocustomiz

Want my GN to go 11's one day
Time to finally get a downpipe have stock one now and no converter I have a test pipe with Pypes SS catback system with all the convertor flanges still in place as it was stock. I have walboro fuel pump and hotwire upgrade, 42# injectors, TT chip for setup. So I have been researching forums, websites, vendors, etc I see the choice is the TH 3 incher but really hard to find so I see the RJC racing looks good with test/dump pipe, kirbans looks like useable, my car is a regular car with small upgrades I wanted to do downpipe since that seems to make sense on what to do next I want to take it out and cruise slide to the track here and there for a little fun. Im going to do the gn-t-type.org 11 sec recipe build over this winter and spring so any input guys on downpipe is appreciated

Try posting in the "Parts Wanted" section...TH pipes do come up for sale and most are s.s. so they are good forever.... Most of these pipes have seen numerous owners, but there are other options

I put an RJC 3" on a couple years ago. Very nice piece, no fitment issues at all, plenty of clearance...Mike

I have a ta performance 3" do with internal wastegate from full throttle. Fits and works great

I don't know if you have yet but RJC has some pretty cool recipes for our cars . I have a TH , I know they are hard to find and kinda expensive but worth the money . I'm sure the others mentioned here would be just fine . Keith

TA performance or RJC. I have the TA, fits perfect and the price is right. Get it from fullthrottlespeed.

I have the TA Performance 3” and it fits great. I have pretty much the same parts you mentioned and I felt it was a great upgrade.

The RJC 3" DP is made in the USA, and ALL the parts are stainless steel!
Why not sell him one of your Downpipes?

Nick has his own pipes.

RJC

TA

That's the only 3 I'd use if your buying new.

China AKA GN1 is hit and miss. THDP/ATR/Mease are good used choices.

I have been looking for a used one if I don't find one I will probably go with RJC DP, but now if I have stock turbo do I need to add external wastegate? if yes whats the advantage?

I have been looking for a used one if I don't find one I will probably go with RJC DP, but now if I have stock turbo do I need to add external wastegate? if yes whats the advantage?

A external gate isn't needed unless you will be racing A LOT. I have a Red Armstrong DP with internal gate. I would highly recommend if you can get one.

stock turbo internal adjustable waste gate with allthread = keep internal no external? external no internal?

How close do the TA and RJC down pipes come to the inner fender? Is there a lot of clearance?

Time to finally get a downpipe have stock one now and no converter I have a test pipe with Pypes SS catback system with all the convertor flanges still in place as it was stock. I have walboro fuel pump and hotwire upgrade, 42# injectors, TT chip for setup. So I have been researching forums, websites, vendors, etc I see the choice is the TH 3 incher but really hard to find so I see the RJC racing looks good with test/dump pipe, kirbans looks like useable, my car is a regular car with small upgrades I wanted to do downpipe since that seems to make sense on what to do next I want to take it out and cruise slide to the track here and there for a little fun. Im going to do the gn-t-type.org 11 sec recipe build over this winter and spring so any input guys on downpipe is appreciated

THDP all the way ... if your running 11.50 or better ... otherwise your wasting your money

Yeah real TH pipes don't exactly grow on trees. But any of the pipes are capable of going faster than 11.50s

Its January.. he isn't gonna be using this for a few months anyway.. the THDP are out there... I am sure in a few months he can find one ... the rest of them are Junk compared to the THDP

Its January.. he isn't gonna be using this for a few months anyway.. the THDP are out there... I am sure in a few months he can find one ... the rest of them are Junk compared to the THDP
I have to agree with turbo89 , I have a THDP and the craftsmanship is a awesome .