double pumpers

Qwk86gn

boost is better!!
Do you guys think i should add a double pumper to my car?
Ran it at the track the other day and the 02v were from 815 to 790's in first and secon gears then in third the o2's drop to 740 & 720 or so. fuel pressure is at 52lbs line off. my combo below.
I don't think i should have to run that much fuel press. Any other suggestions would be helpful too.

3.8girdled
te-45
champion steel heads
50lb inj
v2
204-214fed.
63mm tb
340pump
reds 107 chip
400 turbo no brake
11.21 @122.96
1.71 60ft:mad:
24lbs boost

If I had to pick between the pump or injectors, I would change the injectors first. 123mph is about done for 50lbers. If you step up in injector size, like 72's, then you can bring the fuel pressure back down, which will increase the volume output capability of the fuel pump. It won't be too long, however, that you'll need more fuel pump.

Originally posted by Qwk86gn
Do you guys think i should add a double pumper to my car?
Ran it at the track the other day and the 02v were from 815 to 790's in first and secon gears then in third the o2's drop to 740 & 720 or so. fuel pressure is at 52lbs line off. my combo below.
I don't think i should have to run that much fuel press. Any other suggestions would be helpful too.

3.8girdled
te-45
champion steel heads
50lb inj
v2
204-214fed.
63mm tb
340pump
reds 107 chip
400 turbo no brake
11.21 @122.96
1.71 60ft:mad:
24lbs boost

Fuel pressure 52# :eek: :eek: I'd say get the double pumpers in there SOON or some other resolution. Or better yet, get injectors that are better sized to your setup!! You're WAY UNDER injectored, and running that much fuel pressure is getting you dangerously close to injector lock :eek:

With your setup and times you should be up in the 72# range.

I doubt your "under pumped", your problem is "under injectored"
I don't even want to think what kind of duty cycle those poor things must be running.

with your combo, bigger injectors and another pump would make sense....bigger injectors first if you can't do both.....

I have a single pump and run 43 lbs line off......at 23 lbs boost, egt is sub 1500 (it has gone 125 in that trim....with bad air & altitude.....3700+ lb car...)

you should consider another, better, chip like the MaxEffort also....that alone will vastly improve your 60' times

I'm a bit confused....

Woody, how would the MaxEffort improve his 60' times??? Hmmm, I guess maybe you're trying to say that Red's 107 chip is fat or rich on the low end and this could cause his car to come out kind of sluggish because the turbo doesn't have that low end quick spool up it should have.... Am I making any sense:confused:

you got it.........45's are very hard to get going if fat on the bottom

:D you need injecters

when i went 127 at 23-24# boost i was up tp 65# static fuel pressue and 02's where in the 620-640 range :eek:

that was on 50's now i have 75's but havent got to try it out alot before i pulled it down to get girdle and converter restalled

Thanks guys, I kinda figured i was going to have to get bigger inj. The 60ft thing is not because of no spool up it because of the tires not hooking up. The te-45a has .82 housing on it to. Convertor is letting the car leave any from 7 to 17lbs boost! That 60 was with old monroe shocks, put new koni shocks on wensday..:rolleyes:

i run 72's and a double pumper. i run about 38 psi static line off. the dam thing is still rich with 0 in offset and 20 psi.