double pump question?

humberto

Any problems running a second fuel pump with just a switch in the car straight pw, and forget about a hobbs switch?I only need the second pump for the track in race mode.This way i know for sure its powered up.What do you guys think?Good or bad idea?Does the second pump need to be hotwired?

bad idea

the reason for the Hobbs would become obvious when you turn the second pump on, say at idle,......it will easily overcome your return line and play havoc with your fuel pressure

don't try and re-invent the wheel:)

(yes, the second pump needs to be hot wired)

azgn i understand what your saying but please note second pump would be switched on at wot not at idle. Full race mode.

uummm, and just when are you going to switch it on? at 10 lbs boost, 20?

what if you are too late?

the Hobbs takes guesswork out of the equation

I know they're expensive, but just go buy a Red Armstrong Double pumper and be done with it.

Even though I dont like this idea, I guess another option would be to setup a WOT activation switch like nitrous solenoids use. Somehow set it up so it activates at 2/3 throttle or so.

What dont you like about the Hobbs switch?

Originally posted by Six_Silver
Even though I dont like this idea, I guess another option would be to setup a WOT activation switch like nitrous solenoids use. Somehow set it up so it activates at 2/3 throttle or so.

What dont you like about the Hobbs switch?

I dont know something about haveing straight pw to pump from inside car makes me feel safer.I like your idea with the wot activation.

there are hundreds and hundreds and maybe more Hobbs activated pumps out there

at least they rely on boost......

anything else would be iffy imho

if you wanna be "safer" put on an external pump (prolly cost ya $1500 or so before you are done.....)