Double din install?

dssking

Okay, I'm attempting to install a double din radio into the GN in the coming weeks.
I'm told that with some work, it'll fit.....
Grinding the bottom of the opening?? Anyone have experience with this?

I'm going to attempt to put the Clarion NX405..........

Thanks

You will have to cut the bottom of the dash with a grinder. Also the trim ring will also need to be cut.

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Haven't had any experience with double din receivers installing in a T/B . but before you start cutting an grinding, I think Pioneer
makes a kit for there AVHX7700BT Din Receiver. I have the the the flip out screen version,the negative thing is the car gear shift
needs to be in Neutral when park or it will hit the gear shift post when screen is exiting out position. Cutting and Grinding scares
me in that area ...

I have installed them before, its frog ass tight but no grinding is needed on the dash, the radio bezel will need to be trimmed.

I have installed them before, its frog ass tight but no grinding is needed on the dash, the radio bezel will need to be trimmed.

Well the plan is to shoehorn the Clarion NX405 complete with navigation, and then trim the extra radio bezel (got from a guy on this forum...A+++).
I'll certainly post pics........ Any tips on the fit? Or just really SHOVE it in?

In addition, is there an adapter or install kit I need to put the cage into the dash, THEN the radio ? or just slide it in
and bend the tabs to whatever they'll hold on to?

Okay, so I managed to SLIGHTLY trim the bottom of the radio opening probably 1/16" to slide the double din NX405 in. I don't have a dash kit yet....
What I need is a kit that will have the black plastic on either side of the radio to hide the gap. Any suggestions on the METRA kit that would work?
Since this was not a radio that the car should have had, what are my options?

I'll post pics shortly.

As promised, it's coming........ radio is wired, and the amp is too......

Attachments

• 20170417_192509.jpg
    20170417_192509.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 446
  • 20170415_141423.jpg
    20170415_141423.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 436
Did you finish this install? I would like to see pics if you don't mind. Any tips on the cutting / grinding? Install kit for filling side gaps?

Did you finish this install? I would like to see pics if you don't mind. Any tips on the cutting / grinding? Install kit for filling side gaps?
Noting since those pics were posted.....but this week. I've yet to find the install kit to put on the side on the radio......I'm sure I will..... just trim the bottom on the opening ever so slightly...... it'll slide right in.

I want to say mines was so tight that i didn't even bother with a dash mounting kit. You could always just buy some thin sheet metal and make your own brackets.

I'm the same..........tight fit.........but the problem I have is that there's about an inch on either side that needs to be covered...... so that's where the install kit
comes into play.... What kit, is a mystery, since Metra makes a ton of them, but NO one makes one for the GM or G-Body.....

Okay, it's finally mostly complete... As mentioned, it's a VERY tight fit. Wiring harnesses can be grabbed and pulled back if you drop the glove box and reach in behind. Otherwise, the mess of wires will make the radio not slide in all the way.

I forgot to hook to hook up the power antenna and plug it into the back of the radio so it'll come back out today......but otherwise, just final tuning to make it sound perfect.

I had to cut the bottom of the factor bezel to make the radio fix and have the face plate look somewhat good......overall, I'm happy with the way it fits...... not 100% but keep in mind that these cars wer enever meant to have a double din radio in it...... but Havi works which is a nice feature...... like most upgrades and things, JUST BECAUSE..........

Attachments

• 20170514_142434.jpg
    20170514_142434.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 444
Great choice, you can't go wrong with the Pioneer AVH Series, that what series I have, but not in the Din ,in the flip out screen.

Okay, it's finally mostly complete... As mentioned, it's a VERY tight fit. Wiring harnesses can be grabbed and pulled back if you drop the glove box and reach in behind. Otherwise, the mess of wires will make the radio not slide in all the way.

I forgot to hook to hook up the power antenna and plug it into the back of the radio so it'll come back out today......but otherwise, just final tuning to make it sound perfect.

I had to cut the bottom of the factor bezel to make the radio fix and have the face plate look somewhat good......overall, I'm happy with the way it fits...... not 100% but keep in mind that these cars wer enever meant to have a double din radio in it...... but Havi works which is a nice feature...... like most upgrades and things, JUST BECAUSE..........
can you repost pics of your install? I'm looking at installing at Alpine iLX-W650