Door thingy...what does it do?

DeltaBravo

Retired U.S. Army/Navy
First pic-drivers side-broken

Second pic-passenger side-non broken

What is their purpose in life? Does anyone sell these?

Attachments

• IMG_1049.jpg
    IMG_1049.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 204
  • IMG_1050.jpg
    IMG_1050.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 195
when door is closed it allows the seat belt to be pulled and stay put so its not strangling you
when you open the door the lever moves forward and the seat belt will retract

discontinued fromGM try ebay... seat belt release and there is a LH (driver) and RH (passenger)

ahhhhhh.....that explains why my seat belt (driver's side is broken) consistently gets tighter while driving....right? I will notice it slowly tightening and before I know it it's cutting off my head...then I get it free and pull some slack out. This explains a lot, thanks.

Now...is this something that can be purchased through one of our vendors? Dealer? Because I haven't seen it. And, I don't know what it's called to even search for it...

Now...is this something that can be purchased through one of our vendors? Dealer? Because I haven't seen it. And, I don't know what it's called to even search for it...

thought i covered that in first response

Maybe the seat belt cut enough circulation that it did brain damage? Hehe. Jk.

Maybe the seat belt cut enough circulation that it did brain damage? Hehe. Jk.

That is definitely a possibility...but I think the brain damage was inflected years ago!...;)

Thanks pacecarta, I've already found a few on evilbay...

I wish new cars had the same feature.

I like stretching out the belt a few inches so it locks and stays loose.

D

And DONE!...new ‘door thingy’ is in route!

Now I can focus on right foot placement:eek: and not so much on left hand placement... ;)

junkyards used to be a great place to score things like this, but all the G bodies have been recycled into new Kias by now.