Door grounding?

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Recently did a lot of work on the GN including motor, suspension, painting etc. All I have left to do is button up the inside door panels but I can't get my power windows to work. Car was down to the bare frame rails and decided to take doors off for paint work. Used my 14v drill battery directly to the window motor leads to lower the window all the way down so I could remove door dew strips, locks, handles. I should have probably removed the one touch modules I added for the windows because I might have smoked one of them. One of the modules still clicks when hitting the button, wondering if they both have to be working for both windows to work. In other words if one burns out nothing works? Checked the circuit breaker for the windows and it is fine. One thing I am pondering is if it is a grounding issue? When I pulled the doors off I noticed under the hinges it was bare metal and had some slight surface rust, cleaned it up and then painted it to prevent rust from returning, hopefully the factory didn't paint that area to help with grounding!

Yep, put in new servos for door locks & had to replace P/ window switch also,
D/S wouldn't work w/o P/S plugged in; I guess they are wired in series.
Do_O

Looks like it is the modules. Even though they are clicking they are not putting out 12v to the motor. Bypassed them and the windows work fine. New modules on the way. Can't live without the one touch up and down function of these! Guess when I used the battery I might have back fed the modules and something let go in them? Grounding was fine by the way!