door and trunk rust

eric86

Hello
Been a long time since I have posted--but better late than never. :) Now that I have gotten back into the GN and taken it on a cruise--which it did ok--but got a tad hot in all that traffic. I have a donor trunk and am going to get two doors also. Is rust in the trunk where the trunk molding is common? And as for the doors, where it meets the fenders about 3/4 of the way down, and the same spot on both sides--is this common? I hope all of these swaps arent too hard. Also would like to talk to any GN people around the Roanoke VA area--I know there are a few :) Thanks guys!--Eric S

Yes. Any Regal 82-87 trunk lid will work.(drill for spoiler) Doors from Cutlass will work also, same years.

eric86 said:
Hello
Been a long time since I have posted--but better late than never. :) Now that I have gotten back into the GN and taken it on a cruise--which it did ok--but got a tad hot in all that traffic. I have a donor trunk and am going to get two doors also. Is rust in the trunk where the trunk molding is common? And as for the doors, where it meets the fenders about 3/4 of the way down, and the same spot on both sides--is this common? I hope all of these swaps arent too hard. Also would like to talk to any GN people around the Roanoke VA area--I know there are a few :) Thanks guys!--Eric S

Are you talking about the replacements? Unless you replace rusted areas with new metal, the rust will come back.