Doesn't take much force to distort a 109

I wouldn't think any changes are necessary.
Every part that's bolted to the block pulls it a different direction and no one really knows how they move around under power.
Inspection of the bearings, caps and cylinders could provide clues but in reality it would only be speculation.

My mount comment was "out loud" thinking. If that area is moving, for all I know it could be having a positive affect ( IE holding the caps tight) rather than spreading the block.

All the way down at the oil pan location? Where there's no support? It better move there. That's not a structurally significant part of the block, and if the iron wasn't ductile enough to flex in that location, then the block would just shatter anyway.

A more useful test would be to install the mains and heads, bolt it to a stand by the motor mounts, put a bellhousing on the thing, and then twist it by the bellhousing and check the cam and crank bores for misalignment and distortion.

I didn't see your post until just now. That would be really cool to see with about 600 lb-ft applied

It doesn't flex .:p The whole motor does the Watusi :eek: We do ours over once a year anyway. The stock shortblock will take a beating !! been there an done it.

No doubt it will but I don’t want anything to do with it.:ROFLMAO:;)

ummm whats high HP ? 700 RWHP @ say 900 torque ? It's amazing what these motors will take !! And just how long they will take it. Tune better be good :p It's like a grenade with the pin pulled. o_O

This is usually when someone brings up the LS thing but I am a 6 shooter :giggle:

This is usually when someone brings up the LS thing
ive walked all over just about anything out there with the right car, and a killer 109.i see alot of different builds and they all can go fast and they all break,to each his own.

This is why the top engine machinests use torque plates and even bolt on the oil pumps when doing their machine work, most dont

Twisted my 440 block and it was a heavy beast but had a blower on it, blower manifold no longer square.

Don’t know why anybody is surprised, you push on ANYTHING, it will move, you probably won’t see it with the naked eye, but it is measurable. The Buick V6 block is a stout piece