Does anyone sell an aftermarket shift handle that looks like stock but better quality?

coldair85GN

fast85GN
Over the years I've seen aftermarket parts produced that replicate the LOOK of the original parts for these cars...just better made than the flimsy plastic (such as the steering wheel horn ring).....I'm on my second or third stock replacement shifter handle...and it now is nasty...just like the previous ones I've bought and used. The material they are made out of just wears down over the years and attracts dirt/grease/oil...I would like a reproduction of the STOCK handle...maybe just made from aluminum/billet like the replacement steering wheel ring that several vendors carry thats painted like OEM..but made of metal instead of plastic. Anyone?

Not really an answer to your question, but I just bought a nos handle from another member here for $110 shipped.
Thanks Mike!

Heres mine does the job

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 266
I remember that there were some replacements handles for the stock shifter made of aluminium but they were not exact replicas of the original ones…

Claude.

I bought the metal horn ring thats painted like stock from Gbodyparts and the fit and finish is perfect.

Id love to see someone recreate one with actual leather. Probably wouldn't be hard for a custom upholstery shop. Just pricy.

There are NO stock style aftermarket shift handles out there . Yes Mark at (TR Custom Parts use to have a billet aluminum one ) the main cause of stock shift handles breaking is you pushing , jerking and banging down on it or you don't have it adjusted right. I'm on my second one in 23 years and ALOT of miles and shifting, still in nice shape. ??
Brian (Gbody parts) was the first to come out with the aluminum pieces for them but that isn't what usually breaks, it's the plastic inside the handle that breaks.
Treat them nice and they will last along time. And yes mine has had MANY quarter mile shifts on it.

There are NO stock style aftermarket shift handles out there . Yes Mark at (TR Custom Parts use to have a billet aluminum one ) the main cause of stock shift handles breaking is you pushing , jerking and banging down on it or you don't have it adjusted right. I'm on my second one in 23 years and ALOT of miles and shifting, still in nice shape. ??
Brian (Gbody parts) was the first to come out with the aluminum pieces for them but that isn't what usually breaks, it's the plastic inside the handle that breaks.
Treat them nice and they will last along time. And yes mine has had MANY quarter mile shifts on it.

Someone on Ebay sells Billet parts to replace the plastics. Even for the chrome rings on the outer edge of the handle.

Mine isnt broken...and I've never broken one. My complaint is the fake leather/vinyl over time loses its texture and becomes soft and sticky and attracts oil, dirt and grease and becomes nasty. If you try to clean it then it becomes smooth with no texture like the original....its just poor design.