Do you guys Know where I can get a 3" Downpipe?

Its a little frustrating. I posted in the parts wanted forum a few days ago looking for a good used thdp, and since then, I've missed 3 that were posted in the parts for sale forum.

I am useing Welcome to Torque Tech Performance Exhaust Products here is a Pic of mine. DP is only like $150 and a tes pipe is only $40.I have less than $800 in all of it got it all from torque tech.Great fit just had to have to test pipe welded to the flang after cuting it to fit.

MY87GN024.jpg

MY87GN026.jpg

MY87GN023.jpg

MY87GN022.jpg

The only problem is that DP uses the stock elbow. The worst part of the stock set up.

dp

sweet 6 is correct the stock elbow is the main problem.
call jack cotton or gbody for downpipes.
mike s

I talked to Archie at GN1 PERFORMANCE and he offers a few different style 3 inchers in stainless, as well as a 3 inch stainless exhaust.

Anybody tried GN1 Performance's dp/dump/exhaust yet? I've been thinking of ordering the whole setup from them but haven't heard anything good or bad. All I know is it *looks* pretty good in the pictures they show and I need to get rid of my current crappy 3" dp which uses the stock elbow and also my Flowmaster crossflow muffler which has rust holes in it anyway needs to go...

I also have a 3" from arizona GN, it's a nice piece! It spools my stock turbo great, can't wait until I get my new bb turbo on there!!! Give him a call, it's quality and you won't be dissapointed!

Archie told me that the entire set-up was designed to work together. Just jack up the car and let the rearend hang as low as possible and everything slips into place and uses all stock hangers. He offers 2 different downpipes to use. I think I am going to buy it all. If you do he has a package price and test pipe is free. For me shipping from California to Pa is what sucks...

Thanks
Coach

Anybody tried GN1 Performance's dp/dump/exhaust yet? I've been thinking of ordering the whole setup from them but haven't heard anything good or bad. All I know is it *looks* pretty good in the pictures they show and I need to get rid of my current crappy 3" dp which uses the stock elbow and also my Flowmaster crossflow muffler which has rust holes in it anyway needs to go...

i purchased his 3" external downpipe and had no clearance issues i was also running a set of atr headers. ive seen his catback system installed on his white gn and i looks beautiful. for a better deal tell him ziggy sent you;)

Archie told me that the entire set-up was designed to work together. Just jack up the car and let the rearend hang as low as possible and everything slips into place and uses all stock hangers. He offers 2 different downpipes to use. I think I am going to buy it all. If you do he has a package price and test pipe is free. For me shipping from California to Pa is what sucks...

Thanks
Coach

i purchased his 3" external downpipe and had no clearance issues i was also running a set of atr headers. ive seen his catback system installed on his white gn and i looks beautiful. for a better deal tell him ziggy sent you;)

Thanks for the responses guys--yeah Coach, shipping's gonna be close to the same for me in Ohio too...but that is good news about the package price w/ free test pipe. They seem to offer quite a few very nice pieces at prices that are hard to beat, i.e. their 23-row polished SLIC which sells for $555 I believe on their ebay store or, even better, a FMIC that sells for only about $50 more than the SLIC! I think I may get more than just my exhaust from Archie...just saving some dinero for right now so I can increase my order...:cool:

You should ck w/ Summit/whoever re: getting Aero Chambers instead of the Super Comps...The AC's flow better & drone less...(unless you're drone-prone :D )

Archie told me the exhaust was good for 10-15 bolt on ponies. I was not really looking for a downpipe yet. He said to call him and talk. I called and this is when he told me of the free test pipe and a combo with exhaust and downpipe. Call him at 626-695-5030, he seems like a super guy. JST A 6 you are correct, he has really nice stuff, I want his FMIC, and cold-air kit. I am out of cash...65 Plymouth for sale or 1971 wife with matching 16 year old...LOL

Thought I'd ask your opinions on something else--I know I'm going with the GN1 downpipe/test tube/cat back exhaust setup eventually, but I was wondering if, given the combination in my signature, there would be any advantage with going to the external wastegate setup or if I should order the internal wastegate dp? I'm not really planning any other mods for now except maybe a GN1 stretched SLIC, suspension/brake upgrades, and a volt booster & XP fuel pump from Red Armstrong (currently I don't know what pump I have; it hasn't been changed since I've had the car and I have no receipts from the 2 owners before me that show the purchase of a pump. I just know it's hotwired.)

I am out of cash...65 Plymouth for sale or 1971 wife with matching 16 year old...LOL

That's freakin hilarious...:biggrin: I forgot about the cold air kit; I really like it too. Which reminds me, add to the list of mods I'm gonna do in my previous post a MAF/translator setup...:cool:

Not to hijack, but can anyone point me to a source for a flange w/puck so I can build my own? (have had no response from Tigmasters via e-mail). vic

Not to hijack, but can anyone point me to a source for a flange w/puck so I can build my own? (have had no response from Tigmasters via e-mail). vic

Hmm, I just tried doing a search on this and held my extra stock WG elbow up to the screen to try to find a similar bolt pattern and didn't have much luck...maybe you could contact some of these places and see if they know who you could try?

Full-Race Motorsports LLC Call us toll free at (866) FULL-RACE
Flanges and Gaskets
AdvancedJDMParts.com - Performance Parts and Accessories - TURBO DOWNPIPE FLANGE
TURBO & EXHAUST FLANGES/ADAPTERS : Himni Racing, Turbocharger, Turbo, Garrett, Turbo Kit, GReddy, Mazda RX-7, HKS, Apexi, TiAL, TurboXS, TurboSmart, Flange, Turbonetics, Exhaust, Intercooler, ACT, Intake

Other than that maybe you could take a WG elbow to a local machine shop for a pattern and see if they could help you...any reason you want to make your own rather than save the trouble and find a reasonably priced new or used dp?

RJC actually sells the flange complete with the puck assy. I got one to build the 3 1/2" downpipe for my other car. Nice piece.