Do you guys keep a loaded gun near when you go to sleep?

I live "out of town" and is 15 mi from closest sheriff.
so, something is always close at hand,
be it the bedroom, patio, garage, office,
my yard is gated/fenced compound, 7ft block walls, ( it was that way when I bought it)
my neighbor is always home, and we watch out for each other,
and..... I have a tractor, to bury unwanted items, LOL
CCTV, motion detectors, motion lights, and killer attack dogs.
pic of one of the dogs.......

Any chance the dog is for sale? :D

I keep three cans of wasp & hornet spray next to my bed.
In a pinch - it works great.
You don't even really have to aim well.
And a Mossberg tactical - which the tactical part is not really necessary ..it's more for cool factor - .it's mostly point n shoot.

Beautiful pup...….I have a 6 mo. Female West German Shepherd.
thanks he comes from a working K9 line.. father is from chech and has his stage 3 Schutzhund Training. the mother has her stage 1. gonna try and keep him under 100lbs.

We lived in an apartment for a while so I didn't want to put holes in the wall and hurt any neighbors by a missed shot, so I got a 20g. Between myself and wife (She is small), we have the 20g that she can handle at attention at all times if I am not home. She tried a 12 and couldn't hold the gun up long enough to keep a person at bay.

I have other "toys", as well as a very protective 130b Lab and a PITA barker Gold Retriever that will wake us up in any event.

My brother was home, in his room, and left the front door unloocked. She does not have a key to my house. My (drunk) brother assumed it was me coming through the front door (which I never use). About an hour later he went for another drink and saw her car in the driveway. He then told me she was at my house. I did not know she was IN my house. He then just waited till she left. I told him to call when she left, still assuming she was outside in her car. I gave him shit for not saying she was in the house and said WTF...she was in my room alone drunk with my loaded gun? Oddly and stupidly I convinced myself she would never mess with that. Monday my buddy tells me she was talking to a mutual friend talking crazy sh...stuff. Lacking sleep, since I couldn't go home until 1, Monday I had to run a few errands after work and I about crashed, then I checked for my gun about 9:30. I called the cops about 2 minutes later. They jotted the usual, and became extremely mad when I couldn't remember her birthday :confused:. I was only around for one! Anyway, so I texted her brother and told him she probably has my gun. This morning the gun was at my back door, the only door I use. Jeez that ended up being long.

You don't have a gun problem--you have a nut problem

Now Days, Its A Must!!!

Smith and Wesson AR15 Tactical and My Fawn K9... :D

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Attachments

• 1391693444864.jpg
    1391693444864.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 166
where I live you are not allowed to have any loaded firearms,

I use a remington 870 short barrel, I firmly believe the sound it makes when a shell chambers is universal language for HOLY SH!T lets GTFO
easy enough to load, and the dog will at least slow down the intruder.

I keep a mountain lion next to my bed.....the sound it makes strikes fear into anyone, unless you're invading my home with a grizzly in tow. :D

DUDE!!!!!!!! You need to move!

You have no idea the restrictions we have.... In Canada.
can only have 5 rounds in a semi auto rifle and 10 in a pistol.
we have no concealed carry at all.
we have to get an authorization from the police to transport a pistol.
pistol must be trigger locked and locked in a case.
anyone who has ever used a firearm for self defence has been arrested and jailed , some have got off but most have not.

Short barreled pistols are prohibited, AK47 is prohibited, anything full auto is prohibited,
AR15 is restricted because it looks scary.
The list of prohibited stuff makes me sick...

Could be worse.... The UK has a complete handgun ban, and Australia has almost nothing left they can own....

On a good note, We get un issued Russian SKS rifles with Laminate stocks for $280
IMG_2223_05.jpg

Un issued Chinese go for $75-$100
We also get tons of Milsurp ammo that is not available in the US

Last edited:
where I live you are not allowed to have any loaded firearms,

I use a remington 870 short barrel, I firmly believe the sound it makes when a shell chambers is universal language for HOLY SH!T lets GTFO
easy enough to load, and the dog will at least slow down the intruder.

Uhhh... So the SHOTGUN is permitted?? You just got done saying you can't have any loaded firearms but then you said you have a shotgun. I'm confused lol.

As for myself I keep a Glock 37 with streamlight on the night stand. Good enough for cqb but falls on it's face past 50 meters; exactly what I want.

Uhhh... So the SHOTGUN is permitted?? You just got done saying you can't have any loaded firearms but then you said you have a shotgun. I'm confused lol.

As for myself I keep a Glock 37 with streamlight on the night stand. Good enough for cqb but falls on it's face past 50 meters; exactly what I want.

I can't keep it loaded... I thought that was simple....
I cannot keep a handgun as there are storage restrictions. would be 5 mins getting it out and loaded.

I can't keep it loaded... I thought that was simple....
I cannot keep a handgun as there are storage restrictions. would be 5 mins getting it out and loaded.

Who's to tell you what condition your personally owned firearm is to be in? And exactly how would they know? I didn't even think that was an issue to be discussing. Only a fool would let someone that doesn't pay their mortgage/property tax dictate what goes on inside their own dwelling.

Unfortunately we don't have the same rights and freedoms in Canada.
The few instances where a Canadian used a fire arm for personal protection the victim was charged with unsafe storage,reckless endangerment. And other crap.
What we go through to own firearms would
Boggle you're mind.
Don't think this couldn't happen in America.
We don't have a second amendment behind us
So we are screwed.

Thank you for sharing I for one did not know how strict the laws were North of the border, and this should be a wake up call for those of use who that take these rights for granted.
Its has already happened to a degree in CT where overnight estimates have been made of up to 350,000 people became felons who refused to comply with new draconian laws.

Then the entire having a shotgun in your house thing is pretty much de facto illegal. You better get rid of that thing. Check pm's for my shipping address.

The question you have to ask you're self is
Would I rather be carried by 6 or judged by

Our laws regarding self defense were changed
Last year to allow us to use equal force used against us. They just frown on firearm use
For some reason.
CCW permits are only issued to trappers up north and judges and other officials. No permits
Are issued to regular civilians.

Im not saying what is or isnt there. Just suffice to say that im armed everywhere I go.

BadAssGn yu must live in comifornia, socailistillinois or nazijersey.

Sorry to hear, I love living in a shall issue state, now all we need to do is pass the stand your ground law.

Carry 100% of the time! will not be a victim. All guns loaded at all times and either in safe of hidden in areas of my home, going to make the bathroom a safe room. Solid wood door reverse the hindges separate phone line and a well placed helper. If you go into the bathroom the bad guy would likely leave you alone not realizing what is in placenta the rest room...just my way of keeping my family safe. And can't wait to get out of the shit hole we live in.