Do you guys keep a loaded gun near when you go to sleep?

" I live in the country and the local Sherrif would take at least 30 minutes to get here with a 911 call".........EXACTLY what happens here.
Last 911 for a suspected B&E at the house next door = 37 mins. I timed it. When I asked why 40 mins, he got all bent out of shape. Told me he was "helping" the city cops w/ a traffic accident. Problem was, he was near 10 mi out of his district. He really got steamed when I asked about that! SCREW 911...Thats why we have CCW.
We don't have a Dunkin shop here, so I assume he was taking a power nap....:rolleyes:

Keep one close to the wifes side as well as mine....trust me you dont want her shooting at you...shes a dam good shot with a rifle or handgun. She insists to have loaded firearms near...why i love her...lol

Keep one close to the wifes side as well as mine....trust me you dont want her shooting at you...shes a dam good shot with a rifle or handgun. She insists to have loaded firearms near...why i love her...lol

With your better half having a loaded gun within her reach, and being proficient with it, you had better keep on loving her, too.

Well, anytime I'm in a similar situation; whether it's a romantic or work relationship, or friendship that's gone bad- I change anything that I feel they may cause harm to due to spite or whatever. Not paranoid, just been around the block

Loaded handgun concealed but within reach. Also have a 12g pump by the nightstand that is unloaded. Amazing how that pump action gets attention in a quiet house - my teens start yelling "calm down dad it's just me!" Make them clean up their own pee stains :) Curfew isn't usually a problem.

Loaded handgun concealed but within reach. Also have a 12g pump by the nightstand that is unloaded. Amazing how that pump action gets attention in a quiet house - my teens start yelling "calm down dad it's just me!" Make them clean up their own pee stains :) Curfew isn't usually a problem.

Wow. I laughed. I can't figure out if it's in a good way though. Everyone magically knows the sound of a twelve gauge pump though. Best home protection I know. If they don't run away it'll be hard to miss.

Well truthfully a unloaded gun isn't worth a fuc&.......Just sayin.

That was my thinking when I asked the "fed" if he carried his empty.....
His comment makes about as much sense as what Joe Bitem made on the shotgun blasts........Oh wait....They both work for our bestest friend.:rolleyes:

if your not looking to get married, she sounds perfect. The batshit crazy ones make the best girlfriends!

purchased a bed matress holster that holds a glock 23 w/22 round clip, AR15 under the bed & a 12 gauge at the head of the bed-all have 1 in the chamber-No kids!!

MY HOUSE IS A LOADED GUN . :D FEDERAL AGENT MAN .. IF THE DOG'S DONT GET YA . AND I MISS .. MY KIDS WILL SHOOT YOU FOR SURE .:cool:LOADED WEAPON AT FINGER LENGTH SINCE 1992.. A LOADED SHOTGUN IS THE BEST HOME PROTECTION YOU CAN BUY , KEY WORD .. LOADED :)

Remington 870 loaded, Glock30 loaded,and M1 carbine w/30round clip all loaded and all by my side of the bed. I don't keep one in the chamber though.