DO NOT GO NEAR BRUCE URIE!

Bruce Urie

The Ventures,CCR forever!
Well, fellas, it's happened again.........I'm sure you all remember me as the dork sap that dropped my beautiful Grand National tail light assembly on the concrete floor...this was after I took it all apart, painted the inside, polished the lenses to perfection, then installed my good buddy's LED Tail Light Assembly in it..(Scot W. of GNS Performance)...transporting the assembly to the next bay, I stepped on the long wires hanging out, and BOOM.....the tail light went flying, busted up in pieces, including the black trim I so lovingly restored.

THEN: Still being a dork, I painted the new harmonic balancer orange to put in my '69 Vette, as I was working on the engine....I hung the balancer up to dry over my garage bathroom sink, not realizing that a coat hanger hook was not strong enough to hold it....BOOM! Fell right through the sink....made a great big ol' hole in the bottom of it..........I got all kinds of "humorous" comments about that...(which kept me from shooting myself)

So, it happened again....I have an '88 Jeep Cherokee that I use for bad weather travel, snow, ice, rain, any kind of bad weather....I keep it very well running, passes inspection, etc....

So I parked it under a tree to keep the hot sun off of it..........woke up after a particular nasty
storm the night before, looked out at the Jeep.....AND.....sure enough, a damn branch fell down on it and busted out the rear window!:eek: I'll spare you the profanities....:mad:

Had to spend $200 to have it replaced, as I'm hurting too damn much to go out to the junkyard and get a used one.............

Moral of this post: DO NOT GO NEAR BRUCE URIE, if you know what's good for you. God only knows what will happen to you if you do! :wideyed: I'm surprised myself I'm still living!!! It's your ONLY warning!!!!!!

Bruce '87 Grand National
DSC_0114.JPG
DSC_0115.JPG

Dang Bruce!

And weren't you asking about going skydiving with me?:eek:

Mike Barnard

For years "sky diving" was on my NEVER to do list, regrettable I now have to add "not hang around with Bruce U." to that list. :(

Sorry Bruce, we can still be "pen pals"! :)

I guess the Bruce Urie is contagious through the webz! I just dropped my stock crank and a chunk flew off! DOH!

beater jeep that you don't really care about?

plywood, silicone sealer, and drywall screws is cheaper than glass..

Hey Bruce, stuff (good or bad) comes in threes. You should be good to go now. Sorry it messed up your PRS sticker though. You have good taste in guitars!

beater jeep that you don't really care about?

plywood, silicone sealer, and drywall screws is cheaper than glass..

That would be perfect...."Hey, I have to turn on the rear wiper, I can't see through the plywood!!! It's snowing too hard!!" "DAMN! It's raining so hard I can't see out back!"

Sorry, SalvageV6, I need the rear window in glass in order to pass Virginia inspection every year...Plus, with plywood, my rear wiper would complain of splinters....

Bruce '87 Grand National

I guess the Bruce Urie is contagious through the webz! I just dropped my stock crank and a chunk flew off! DOH!

You are probably closer to the truth than you realize....so don't trust that jack for a few days until the hex is worn off, or until my next doozy.

Bruce '87 Grand National

Hey Bruce, stuff (good or bad) comes in threes. You should be good to go now. Sorry it messed up your PRS sticker though. You have good taste in guitars!

COMES IN THREES????:eek: Are you kidding? Yeah, the PRS guitars are beautiful, but don't let me near any of them!!! See below!! Thank God I had my Gibsons/Mosrites/Martin in cases!!!
DSC_0128.JPG

DSC_0129.JPG

Bruce '87 Grand National

Turbotroy said good/BAD stuff comes in threes......well, how about FOURS!!
I have a few PRS guitars autographed for me by my old friend, Paul Reed Smith....known him since he started making those beautiful guitars way back.....so, while getting out the REJECTED PRS guitars to photograph that Paul autographed and gave to me , I found this one with CAT PEE:cat: all over it and ruined his autograph!
DSC_0132.JPG

Oh, jeez, what next? Now I've got to drive all the way over to Stevensville, Md, (2 hours from here)and hopefully catch Paul at work to beg him to sign it all over again.......handing him a guitar that smells of CAT PEE:cat:....that's great...:arghh: I think he'll throw me into the Chesapeake Bay..:inpain:

Moral of the WHOLE story: Just stay the hell away from me!!!!!!!

Bruce '87 Grand National

Bruce, I was gonna say you'd better send me those guitars for safe keeping, but I think your hex is on me now. Played a small gig last night and the stage collapsed:eek: I rode it to the ground with my Takamine 12 string held high. The guitar is fine but I need to visit the chiropractor on Monday:inpain:
P.S. Don't EVER ask what's next!;)

Bruce, I was gonna say you'd better send me those guitars for safe keeping, but I think your hex is on me now. Played a small gig last night and the stage collapsed:eek: I rode it to the ground with my Takamine 12 string held high. The guitar is fine but I need to visit the chiropractor on Monday:inpain:
P.S. Don't EVER ask what's next!;)

Oh, my God! Now YOU'VE caught the dreaded "Brucie" hex! Man, be careful.....glad you weren't hurt nor the Takamine....I take it the Takamine is the F-400 model....I have one exactly like yours...and light gauge strings only.....I['m trying to find the gold tuning keys to replace the old ones....no luck.....but it sounds beautiful, like yours, I suppose. Very nice 12 strings!

Considering bad luck with guitars: Years ago I tripped and fell on my first guitar, a 1959 Gibson LG-1...it's in pieces now....still hurts. Cannot be fixed......but I'm going to be buried with it....not anytime soon.:eek:

You are doing what I sadly cannot do anymore in my lifetime....playing in a band....I still tear up missing it......I've been going deaf ever since I got the German Measles when I was 7 years old......auditory nerve damage......so, now, all amplified sounds (Marshall, Fender amps, drums) are overwhelming in my hearing aids and because of that I can never keep my place in timing.....by myself, I'm fine, but in a rock band, I'm lost.....I sure miss it so bad, so consider yourself a very fortunate guy.

Glad you weren't hurt.....but never heard of a stage collapsing....you must have had too much for dinner!:p

Bruce '87 Grand National

Damn, it seems if you have the curse in spades! I hope you can stay away from the Buick and Vette for a while.

Ever seen that movie Final Destination? (where some kids cheat death and it [death] keeps coming after them in all sorts of terrible ways?- Sometimes I think I might have a bit of that going on as well...)
Stay safe!

btw, I dig the "tape option" on the jeep :)

Oh, my God! Now YOU'VE caught the dreaded "Brucie" hex! Man, be careful.....glad you weren't hurt nor the Takamine....I take it the Takamine is the F-400 model....I have one exactly like yours...and light gauge strings only.....I['m trying to find the gold tuning keys to replace the old ones....no luck.....but it sounds beautiful, like yours, I suppose. Very nice 12 strings!

Considering bad luck with guitars: Years ago I tripped and fell on my first guitar, a 1959 Gibson LG-1...it's in pieces now....still hurts. Cannot be fixed......but I'm going to be buried with it....not anytime soon.:eek:

You are doing what I sadly cannot do anymore in my lifetime....playing in a band....I still tear up missing it......I've been going deaf ever since I got the German Measles when I was 7 years old......auditory nerve damage......so, now, all amplified sounds (Marshall, Fender amps, drums) are overwhelming in my hearing aids and because of that I can never keep my place in timing.....by myself, I'm fine, but in a rock band, I'm lost.....I sure miss it so bad, so consider yourself a very fortunate guy.

Glad you weren't hurt.....but never heard of a stage collapsing....you must have had too much for dinner!:p

Bruce '87 Grand National
Hey Bruce, maybe it's not the Brucie Hex;) Let me set the stage for ya!
I'm the principal singer/songwriter and the rest of the band was taking a break while I was doing an accoustic set. This is at a rinky dink bandshell outside of Atlanta. I'm here in the South, so after doing a few Southern rock songs, I'm feeling Pearl Jams Black. I get halfway through the 2nd verse, and I feel an earthquake coming on. I lived in Alaska for 10 years, so I know what they feel like.
The "earthquake" was a BIG babe that probably weighed in at 275 that was galloping up to me from behind to do ??? I was sitting down playing and I stood up as the 2nd chorus came in and she collided with me and down the stage went. I was told that I played all the way down and I only stopped because the guitar was so out of tune:cool:
Now she has a few more character marks on her, but she's fine!

On another scary guitar note. I had just bought that guitar in Vegas and the FIRST time I took it out playing the front strap lock broke and she nose dived for a very hard concrete floor. I wasn't used to playing 12's at the time with that heavy head and down she went! I picked it up and excused myself to go to the bar for a very strong drink... She really didn't even need re-tuned and I finished the gig, even though my voice got higher after that! I've always kept my hand around the neck after that, I tell ya.
If I'm ever in your part of the world, lets jam, or race Buicks! Cheers!
PS. How far away are you from Richard Clark's? Tuning and picking? Priceless:)

Last edited:
Maybe it IS the Brucie Hex. I knocked my coffee this morning over BOTH my computer and cell phone. Computer lights up but nothing else, and phone only works sporadically. I really hope this shit comes in 3's. I'm staying away from my Buicks AND guitars for a few days... Cheers