Do I need to remove my hood to remove my engine?

I always pull the engine and trans together. You dont have to. Pull the hood shocks and if you have an engine tilter it would probably be pretty easy. I use a nylon strap under intake to lift mine. I have done plenty and I work by myself.Good luck
Looked at it and I have the perfect nylon strap to fit right under. Good tip!

Didn't you have nephew that liked working with you?
Hey KC...
Yes I do, who lives 13 hours away and realized girls are sexier than turbo regals. Silly uninformed misdirected dude! I hope to get him back this summer. He’s going to use the work on the car for a final high school senior project. I think that’s pretty cool!

Make one of these out of 1"square tubing. It takes 5 minutes with a hacksaw and a drill. 22"between bolt holes. I don't have enough room in my garage to remove the engine from the front so I do it from the side.

Attachments

• Hood Prop.JPG
    Hood Prop.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 101
Hey KC...
Yes I do, who lives 13 hours away and realized girls are sexier than turbo regals. Silly uninformed misdirected dude! I hope to get him back this summer. He’s going to use the work on the car for a final high school senior project. I think that’s pretty cool!

But wait till he finds out all the hot chicks he can pickup in the GN when you let him borrow it. ;)

:love::p
But wait till he finds out all the hot chicks he can pickup in the GN when you let him borrow it. ;)

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:p:p

Maybe once the girl's DAD see's the car and wants a ride first.............

I took my 22 year old son's girl for a ride. All she did was scream. Literally kissed the ground when she got out of the car. My boy and I laughed our butts off.

Last edited:
:love::p

AAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!:p:p

Maybe once the girl's DAD see's the car and wants a ride first.............

I took my 22 year old son's girl for a ride. All she did was scream. Literally kissed the ground when she got out of the car. My boy and I laughed our butts off.

One thing about women is most like to be scared like that, just like they still go to the horror movies even knowing they'll be afraid.
You can take a 4"x 6" envelope and put a rubber band with a paper clip in the middle, tape the rubber band ends to the inside of the middle, than twist the paper clip tight until its would and won't unwind until opened. Put rattlesnake eggs on the front. When she looks it makes a racket and 99% of the time they scream and drop it. :LOL:

I have done it pretty much all the ways possible..... Hood on leaned back, hood off, engine alone, and engine and transmission. I will say that I prefer not to take the hood off and just lean it back protecting the he windshield. Also a strap under the intake by far was the best way. One of the.l best suggestion I learned on here.

If you install or remove engine by itself you will have to use a jack on transmission to get the angles right as you remove/install. Also a wrench and long extension will get to the bell house bolts pretty fast. If you do both, make sure you drain and/plug the transmission when you remove the driveshaft.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Make one of these out of 1"square tubing. It takes 5 minutes with a hacksaw and a drill. 22"between bolt holes. I don't have enough room in my garage to remove the engine from the front so I do it from the side.
Pretty ingenious!

I have done it pretty much all the ways possible..... Hood on leaned back, hood off, engine alone, and engine and transmission. I will say that I prefer not to take the hood off and just lean it back protecting the he windshield. Also a strap under the intake by far was the best way. One of the.l best suggestion I learned on here.

If you install or remove engine by itself you will have to use a jack on transmission to get the angles right as you remove/install. Also a wrench and long extension will get to the bell house bolts pretty fast. If you do both, make sure you drain and/plug the transmission when you remove the driveshaft.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks, I got it out. came Out clean except I forgot to disconnect the engine harness from the starter. Realized pretty quick. It will be a while before I put it back in but I’ll connect the transmission first.
thanks,
Art

Motor is out. Thanks for all the help. I ended up disconnecting the shocks and using a hillbilly hinge made out of a mop handle. Came out fine.might have a little trouble getting the engine and transmission back in but that’s another post.
Thanks!