Do I Need New Speakers?

Cbring

I took off the dash panel to find this. Do I need to replace these? HA HA

Attachments

• Picture 006.jpg
    Picture 006.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 361
Yup, the factory tweeters usually last longer than a cheap set of aftermarkets like those. :frown:

Here's what just got ordered to replace it all. I'll put up pics after it's installed in a couple weeks:

Pioneer 5200dvd 7" LCD
Boston acoustics:
3 1/2" 2 way
5 1/4" 3 way
6"x 9" 3 way
Orion hcca amp 1200x1-subs
Phoenix Gold amp 125x4-mids
Stinger 5 farad capacitor
Platinum dist. Blocks
Platinum led terminals
2-JL Audio W3 12" 4 ohm single
10.2 rear view mirror monitor
Night vision rear view camera

So that list is the cause of worn out front speakers? What do you do when you need new oil? Replace the entire engine with a stage II? haha:smile:

Na, I was wanting to build a stereo system anyways. But I did completely rebuild the motor because it had a blown gasket. Well that and 138,000 on it. Then it needed brakes so I went ahead and did shocks,springs,tie rods, & ball joints. Mine as well right?

I'm with you. If your gonna do it, you might as well do what you want the first time instead of working your way up to it later.

Here's what just got ordered to replace it all. I'll put up pics after it's installed in a couple weeks:

Pioneer 5200dvd 7" LCD
Boston acoustics:
3 1/2" 2 way
5 1/4" 3 way
6"x 9" 3 way
Platinum dist. Blocks
Platinum led terminals

Where'd you get your Boston speakers from? Im trying to find some. Have a pair of 6x9s already and wanted to get a matching setup for the dash and doors.

Thanks.

Scott.

Where'd you get your Boston speakers from? Im trying to find some. Have a pair of 6x9s already and wanted to get a matching setup for the dash and doors.

Thanks.

Scott.

I got them off ebay. The 5.25-2 ways were $89 and the 3.5-2 ways were $40.

Pioneer 5200dvd 7" LCD
Boston acoustics:
3 1/2" 2 way
5 1/4" 3 way
6"x 9" 3 way
Platinum dist. Blocks
Platinum led terminals

The amps are scrapped. The orion is junk, so I'm gonna sell the phoenix gold and got rockford fosgate p400 for the mids and highs and p1000 to push the JL Audio subs!

slow down sparky i may be able to help you some before you decide to get crazy.
I'm currently running RF power 800.2 and power 1000.1, 2 12" T1s 2ohm (40% greater power running than 4ohm=LOUDER SPL) and the 800 runs 6 coaxil infinty kappa 6.5s and a set of 6x9s FULL 2 OHM even though the 800 is prolly running in the higher 3ohms
not even gettin into the battery charging system:tongue:

but I'm a true to the groove audio junkie.

if your going to insist on going with a punch series amp instead of a power or T series amp your gunna be pissed you spent money on a p400.

also make sure your headunit is properly tuned to your amps my friend just came over complaining about how messed up his system was i spent 10 mins on a very repeative song with a constant melodyand bass tuning it to what it should be and he left 3 times louder. remember in tuning your subs want to be low frequency and your speakers on a higher one well you also must make sure your headunit relates this information it is not only your amps job to get tune it is also your headunits

system like mine is only suggested if you want to know what it feels like to fly on music freakin soar!!!
4ohm has better sound quality but with the amps i have they came with a built in crossover that allows +24Db instead of +12 or +18Dbs it makes a big difference in the low rumble the bass brings on and i've had a 801s punch it got craapppppeeeedddddd alllll over by the power series they never admit it but i feel at least a 100-200watts difference in the two

I went with the p400 because it is what I needed as far as power needs with the Boston acoustics 5.25s and 6x9s. Rms on the 5.25s is 50 and peak is 150 and rms on the 6x9s is 45 and peak is 140. The 800 would over power the miss and highs and also the 800 is only available in the old series like in the second picture. I needed matching amps. I went with the new series like in the first picture. The last picture is the layout I'm working around on the trunk. I just finished coating the trunk and doors last night. So it's progressing. Here's the pics

a6cd0c86-c03c-3ee6.jpg

a6cd0c86-c048-bf61.jpg

a6cd0c86-c05c-b784.jpg

lol you misunderstand thats my setup lol

I'm saying go with the power series amp
gkGvB3TmLDXb35y0TTaxAsMzUImq78Qx5BRZmpuaHXkFrt1-S0C8T7CDw8m89Xe3XaGyOU15SEGzt8Yb9CElPn-FvrBJQuEROp7lSGD1J5gUrekD7PI00YA2vep3D57_rFsCoiTbbJW8aNvRkv-jUrvdoiu0xjPvuUnPqqDopA7e97x_83lDwuYlwnQBx_lMvR15

2010 series

Or

t400-4.jpg

2007-2009 series

I already got the fact both my amps are from 2001 i bought them lol
the difference between those and your lil punch is like a kick to the back seat:p gotta love them higher series amps

oh and both of these ARE 4 channel 400 watters dont getems confused;) also don't get it confused that these do come in 2-channel and mono too

i spent my time custom fitting my dynamat and double layering the trunk. I know about them wattages but you have to realize that the crossover use in the power series is a high quallity crossover for better sq while still delivering the same to a lil more wattage...

I went with mine purely cause i like the surround sound experience floatin on music

I understand what you are saying about the power series being better i am sure they are, but they are not in the budget. I know, I know its just money but let me show you the parts that have went into my GN in the last 5 months and you will see that my $$$ is spread amongst many projects. The punch series both fit in my budget but it also wouldn't over power my mids and highs. I would love to get the bigger and better. I would've loved to have 800 horsepower but had to stop at what i have to make sure i have all the car up to par. Not a junker with mad horsepower or screaming bass. I wanted an all around bad car. Look at the list of projects that have all been done by me and my crew but mostly me in the last 5 months and you'll understand the budget:

Work done at 38650:

ENGINE/UNDERHOOD:
Comp cams
Camshaft
Lifters
Pushrods
Double roller timing chain
Valve locks
Valve spring retainers
Water pump
Chromoly piston rings
Speed pro .30 forged pistons
Rods reconditioned turned .10
Crankshaft reconditioned turned .10
Speed pro bearings
Oil pressure switch
Fan switch
Coolant temp sensor
Fel-pro gaskets full set
Fel-pro rear main gaskets
Fel-pro valley pan gasket
Injector o-rings
Rjc power plate
Billet adjustable fuel regulator
Inline fuel pressure gauge
Fuel filter
Fuel pump
Timing cover
High volume oil pump
A/C accumulator
A/C o-rings
Thermostat
Mr gasket radiator gauge cap Knock sensor
Crankshaft sensor
Silicone Intercooler hoses
T-bolt Intercooler clamps
Engine torque strap
Heater core
A/C evaporator core
A/C orifice tube
R12 retrofitted to R134
Optima battery
Starter
Camshaft position sensor
Billet Breather/ oil fill
Throttle position sensor
Idle air control valve
Mass air flow sensor
Alternator
GM battery hold down
Air Charge Sensor
Windshield Washer reservoir
Antifreeze reservoir

INTERIOR:
Triple gauge pillar pod
Double gauge console pod
Autometer ultra lite gauges
Water temperature
Oil pressure
Air/fuel ratio
Voltmeter
Boost/vacuum
Steering wheel
Billet steering hub
Cigarette lighter
B & M Megashifter
New ignition tumbler
Column tightened/rebuilt
Trunk weatherstripping
Embroidered trunk carpet kit
Door hinges/bushings
Power window switch
Power lock switches
Power window motors
Spring assist on regulators

EXTERIOR:
New emblems
Fenders
Trunk
Hood
Blacked out
Taillights
Turn signals
Marker lights
New bulbs on all lights

REAR END
Yukon Duragrip Posi Unit
3:73 Ring & Pinion
Proform Perfect Launch Cover

SUSPENSION/BRAKES:
Eibach Pro-Line Springs
Bilstein shocks x4
S10 wheel cylinders
Stainless brake lines
Slotted/drilled rotors
Ceramic front pads
New calipers
Brake hardware
U joints
Front wheel bearings/seals
Brake shoes
Rear wheel bearings/seals
Drums turned
Painted A arms/ spindles
Ball joints
Inner tie rods
Outer tie rods
Adjusting sleeves
Ceramic painted calipers/drums
Rebuilt powermaster brake system

AUDIO/VIDEO
Pioneer AVH5200BT 7" LCD DVD
Boston acoustics:
3 1/2" 2 way
5 1/4" 3 way
6"x 9" 3 way
Rockford fosgate p400 -50x4
Rockford fosgate p1000-500x1
Platinum dist. Blocks
Platinum led terminals

Oh, the amps came in today and actual power on the performance verification certificate for the P1000-1BD is 952 x 1 @ 2 ohms which is 426 each to the JL subs which are 600 peak and the P400-4 is 74 x 4 @ 4ohms which will be perfect for the mids and highs I have which are 140 and 150 peak.

Here's the new amps and how I'm looking to mount them on the side board of the trunk kit.
a6cd0fef-41c9-bca4.jpg

I took off the dash panel to find this. Do I need to replace these? HA HA

i really dont think you need to replace the speakers.... i have good success of just carefully laying layers of precut duct tape...[must be the silver colored duck brand though]... then cut a 6 oz. styrofoam cup and place it on top... you can use a couple of drops of gorilla glue or elmers to secure it...... just make sure your blinker fluid is full though or sometimes the headlights dim when i run all the power to my new speaker:wink:

lol:D