DMH electric motor

berserker6

Assistant to the regional manager
Like the title says I need a replacement motor for my cutout. No I have not reached out to DMH. Does anyone know where i can source one from? A search of the internet finds many others in the same boat. Hey vendors there's a killing to be made on replacement electric motors for DMH cutouts!

How old are they? There's a 4 year warranty on them but I hear it's nearly impossible to get hold of the guy.

Interesting article here, might help you fix them.

https://www.ls1gto.com/forums/showthread.php?t=474081

There are several others on this problem on the internet, I saw a couple of guys saying a RadioShack motor worked for them, but the blogs were from some time in '13 and '14. Are they still in business?

Last edited:
They're we'll past 4 yrs old. And ya I've read up on how well they respond to calls and emails. I'm trying not to go that route. Someone supplied these motors. Gotta find out who and if they're available. Or I go to QTP

I like to support the vendors here when possible so if anyone knows of a vendor here that sells DMH let me know. I looked but it doesn't seem so. I know buickgn.com did at one time but I'm not seeing it. TIA

Haven't sold them for about 7 years. Impossible to get a hold of the guy and got aggravated with him. Wasn't worth the stress so stopped selling them.

I have the one Mark used to sell (I think QTP). It freezes sometimes. It's an exhaust part with a lot of heat and soot so I really can't blame it that much. Look up the one Porsche uses for their OEM stuff. It might be a better quality. And a better aka higher, price too.

Ex wife (though I still maintain her car) has QTP cut outs on her 16 SS Camaro. I've replace the motor/solenoid on one side twice and the other three times. They haven't warranted them even once. She bought them, so that's not my problem, but maintaining them is.

When it comes down to it, not one of the brands out there are worth a damn.

I'd rather just be asked to uncap/cap them back up than deal with the shitty quality and expense of any one of these pieces of crap.

And honestly, they just aren't that cool, kids. :cool: Run 'em open all the time, period....... the neighbors will just have to deal with it.:sneaky:

Last edited:
The one on mine is at least 8yrs old with countless opening and closings. I'm trying to stick with the same brand since the wiring is already in place.