distributor

RCI2990

buick fanatic
i got a friend that has a holley 4-brl and holley intake laying around in his basement.in a couple of weeks i'm planning on buying them of him pretty cheap.the question i have is since i'll be eliminating the feedback carb system what would be a good hei distributor to replace the computer controlled distributor.or better yet what cars could i get one out of in the local bone yard.thanks.

From 1981 on up most GM HEI distributors are the same. You'll have to get one from the pre-EST types prior to 1981. It'll have to have the vacuum advance diapragm on it. An earlier non-CCC Regal, Olds, Pontiac or other GM 231 engine distributor should work.:cool:

I think you will be looking for years 1978-80 Buick V6's (3.8 or even 4.1). Earlier V6's will be odd fire and later (as Freddie said) will be EST.

1978-80 A/G body cars are easy to spot because they are the earlier body styles. The CCC system and new sheetmatal occured together in 1981. But you can also find a Buick V6 is just about any GM car model.