Dissabled closed loop on maf translaor gen 2

alb84

Grumpy, Greasy, Old
Accidentally lost my configuration on my maf translator gen 2. Somehow when I get it running again it won't go closed loop. If I remember right the is a setting for that but I can't remember where it is in the sttings on the gen 2. I have a good o2 signal at the ecm, so I know it must just be disabled. Anybody remember how/where to turn it back on?

To turn off closed loop in the chip, set parameter 12 to 8 providing you are running the ext g chip. To turn it on set 12 to 0.

What's up with the gen 2? What do you mean by broken?

I remembered finally that it was the chip I was thinking about being able to run open loop, but it was not set to open loop. The gen II was dumping the config files every time I tried to start it so I reset it and it stopped dumping but the car was running @9.8 afr above 1500 and no fuel below 1500. I tried to adjust it in the low tune, but it wasn't changing anything. I talked to Bob, and then mailed it to him taday. So we should be back to normal soon. It had been running the same mild street tune for years. My customer ran it out of alcohol and blew a head gasket, so I pulled the motor and freshened it up. I wanted to make sure the crank didn't get beat up. Then I installed a new alky injection system, and was getting ready to log some pulls when the cumputer power wire decided to give it up, and was going on and off over and over at idle. That's when the Gen II started dumping the congig files. So now you know the whole story. I appreciate your help.
I did dyno it for him last year out of mutual curiosity. Just a couple pulls. I didn't change anything. It was making 416 hp and 489 tq @ 20 lbs of boost out of a ta49 turbo. A solid safe street tune. He wants to turn it up some now.