Disappointment sets in

She was defiantly lean and tune was out of whack. I'm gonna start another thread in engine tech. But plans are to get her back together and dial the boost back a bit and wait for the logger. not going to be making any sort of passes until the logger

Get the powerlogger. Start. Logging. And see what is going on with stuff. If you think it is ok, just try the 1/8th mile and shut it down. Btw I have a friend that runs 15# on e85 with ported stock heads. Runs 11.30s all day. He runs out of injector.
I'm curious of that set up. I think my car has low
11's in it even with the boost dialed back. No E here but the meth injection. I just really need to get this car tuned bc it runs strong as shit. Logger is on the long list for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What kind of limits do stock head gaskets have as to psi? She was at 25lbs. Prolly should dial her a touch back and build more boost off the line

with a shitty tune 15 psi will grenade them ... with a good tune 30 psi will hold for a long while ... @ upper 30's shit starts happening fast :)

When you get it back together, make a dyno appointment and lock in your air fuel. You will know everything you need to know to keep it alive. The amount of boost your running is not your issue. Dialing it back solves nothing. Dialing it in.....solves everything. Just make sure you have a good fuel pump in there to keep your volume up at the fuel rail.

When you get it back together, make a dyno appointment and lock in your air fuel. You will know everything you need to know to keep it alive. The amount of boost your running is not your issue. Dialing it back solves nothing. Dialing it in.....solves everything. Just make sure you have a good fuel pump in there to keep your volume up at the fuel rail.
thanks shes all back together.. and I think I found my issue.. Boost Creep!!!! Had the car at 23lbs which the chip is burned for 23-24lbs.. But i noticed while doing some test hits.. Car runs great and the numbers are where they should be 780-800 at wot. But once she gets into 3rd my boost gauge gradually climbs to 25+.. im assuming with the RJC and the bigger puck I need to port the turbo housing.. my guess is the boost was probly 30 + when I was at the top of 3rd gear..

thanks shes all back together.. and I think I found my issue.. Boost Creep!!!! Had the car at 23lbs which the chip is burned for 23-24lbs.. But i noticed while doing some test hits.. Car runs great and the numbers are where they should be 780-800 at wot. But once she gets into 3rd my boost gauge gradually climbs to 25+.. im assuming with the RJC and the bigger puck I need to port the turbo housing.. my guess is the boost was probly 30 + when I was at the top of 3rd gear..

Glad to hear you're on the way to recovery. So, was this info discovered on a Dyno, or from logging with a power logger?

Just curious.

Glad to hear you're on the way to recovery. So, was this info discovered on a Dyno, or from logging with a power logger?

Just curious.
My own two eyes. My car pulls great. No knock or anything. So for once I was able to glance at the boost gauge instead of SM. boost gauge just kept climbing and climbing. Plus I also read a lot of guys with the RJC tend to have these issues as well with the bigger puck