Digital Dash re-install(hit a snag)

IceHockeyJedi

Hey guys. I just got my dash back from Casper's and I have everything lookin good except for this last part. I know the silver braided cord screws into the back of the dash but what about this black plug thing? I can't remember if it screws in with the cord or not. It seems to wanna stretch to the drivers side of the dash cluster but I'm not sure.
dash1.JPG
dash2.JPG

The black cable is the speedoemter cable... but you may be talking about something else?

The black cable is the speedoemter cable... but you may be talking about something else?
The one with the green and red wires going to it. Attached by a screw to the silver braided cord. Sorry for the bad description, I'm a novice at best, lol! Right below the speedo cable...

The part you're looking at, is the VSS signal pickup? Three wires on it? If so, it screws into the rectangle hole right next to the speedo cable with a single hex head screw. Then the speedo cable snaps into the odometer.

After it's placed, position the dash in its cradle, and the long black connector engages into the flex PC board, held in place by four cluster screws.

Also, the braided wire screws into the very bottom edge of the back of the cluster - it's a ground that contacts a pad on the flex PC board, and keeps the cluster grounded.

Well, my trip around the block turned into 40 miles! LOL
Thanks a TON Mr. Spina! (Now, where's that thread where we thank our vendors...;))

I need to find that single hex head screw you describe for the vss pickup you describe above. Any idea,s on size number or how to obtain 1?

Always helps to ask John directly.

I was going to click on "watch thread" just to be entertained by some of the guesses of where to connect the wires.
"Maybe it goes to your A/C?"
"I just clipped mine off"
"Ignore that extra wire - or two"

John ruined my fun.

Jedi...I hope you had John install the 199 MPH upgraded chip...it is really nice to not see the flashing 85.

Bryan