digital Dash Died

brisbon

I'm having a strange issue. Its been raining here lately and my GN has been outside, I've never had an issue with my digital dash before but I started it and drove yesterday and the total display just died. fuses are all good. and I have no stock ECM to get wet...

hopefully someone can shed some light for me

Typically they give you a sign when they're about to you out. Mine is starting to flash/blink like its reseting its self. Only fix I know of is to send it to John @ Caspers. He's a vendor on the board. I'll be sending mine in this winter.

I sent mine to Casper's and I couldn't be happier! So far, no issues at all! I went ahead and did the chip upgrade so no more "blinking 85". It works great...not that I speed, or anything. :cool:

Just this past spring my also crap out and it has the chip to suceed the blinking 85.
I replaced it the spare one that I had; all I had to do was to swap the mileage unit since I do keep my mileage updated.

remove the dash panel and look for the large resistor and see if it has came unsoldered. If so simply resolder it. The resistor creates a lot of heat and this could be the problem. IF not check the resistor with a meter to see if its shorted out.

HTH

Pat

Here is a copy from Casper's PDF on Digital Dash large resistor Pat is taking about

Attachments

• digitaldash.pdf
    837.8 KB · Views: 167
Thankyou ill check the resistor! It was already at caspers for a rebuild and speedo uncap