Differential problem GN

Wheels on the ground, top of tire/wheel 1/4 inch. Positive traction 87 GN. Noise like a separated tire does at low speeds. Tire are good.

I had a similar noise at low speeds. Had the rear end rebuilt. Bearings were worn.

Attachments

• 47EB5498-8BCD-4187-ACB2-654230652308.jpeg
    47EB5498-8BCD-4187-ACB2-654230652308.jpeg
    739.3 KB · Views: 65
Thats what I'me thinking. Both sides seem to have the same out play. Auto parts have all the parts? I shok both sides this am and seem to be equal. What was your cost?

Thats what I'me thinking. Both sides seem to have the same out play. Auto parts have all the parts? I shok both sides this am and seem to be equal. What was your cost?

Can't remember what I paid. I had it done a few years ago. Good luck

Parts to rebuild the rear end should run less than $100 if you're just doing the bearings.

Call Summit. They'll sell you a kit with wheel bearings, seals, carrier bearings and races, pinion bearing and the crush sleeve. Parts store guys will likely sell you the wrong stuff and you'll be going back and forth to the store all day.

Keep your shim stacks organized and you should be able to take it apart and put it right back together.

Don't try to separate the ring gear from the carrier. But if you do, the bolts are threaded backwards. Lefty tighty, righty loosey.

Taking the GN in to get it checked out tomorrow. My tech has knowledge of rear end on pos. traction. Drive shaft has been out when had the tranny rebuilt maybe a needle not in rt in ujoint. We'll see. Thanks again.

Has some wear but not serious, His hearing not much better than mine. Put up on the hoist shook, it turned it. Drive it. If it gets any worse best put a bearing kit in. Thanks for the info from member.