Different converter?

turbotroy

I went from a 3.8 with 212 cam with a 6262 bb turbo to a stroker 4.1 with a 218 and a 68-70 bb turbo. The torque converter was spec'd for the 3.8 from Full Throttle. Tail gears are still 3.42.
Should this converter still work or could I do better? Car has alky and been built by the Best. Thanks in advance and Cheers!

What conveter and part number?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

besides a few hours and some fluid it wouldn't be such a big loss to try it. I definitely would try it before dropping another $1000.00 on ANOTHER quality converter.

Last edited:
I went from a 3.8 with 212 cam with a 6262 bb turbo to a stroker 4.1 with a 218 and a 68-70 bb turbo. The torque converter was spec'd for the 3.8 from Full Throttle. Tail gears are still 3.42.
Should this converter still work or could I do better? Car has alky and been built by the Best. Thanks in advance and Cheers!
There is no one size fits all converter you will always do better with a converter speced for your combo.those are some big changes.converter behavior is dictated by the power applied to it.

I would call FTS and give them the combo. Then see if the recommendation matches what you have or is far off.
Sounds like you need something like a 17 blade PTC. FTS can offer you something like it as well. If you pan to drive around at 17psi on 93oct, a 17 blade PTC is not fun at all. If you want a lock up converter more shopping to do. 9/11 maybe.

besides a few hours and some fluid it wouldn't be such a big loss to try it. I definitely would try it before dropping another $1000.00 on ANOTHER quality converter.
X2 See how it does and get the data so if it needs restall more data is better.

See how it works first. The new motor if it makes more torque will make hte convertor looser but the larger cam will push the rpm band higher so it may be just right. If a new convertor is needed Better to have data from this one then to start blind.

See how it works first. The new motor if it makes more torque will make hte convertor looser but the larger cam will push the rpm band higher so it may be just right. If a new convertor is needed Better to have data from this one then to start blind.