Difference between intercoolers

Ideas, ideas, ideas......
I gotta get mine together and see what I have first, then!!!!!!
But if meth cools the charge that much, I prolly wont need anything more, but I'll still.......
TIMINATOR
2 nozzles should bring the temps into the 30s at the plenum

Then thats where I'll start! At that temp, theres prolly no need to do more on a street car! I never thought that temps would be that low!
Are both in the up pipe, or one at the inlet, or IC outlet?
Pure meth, or water mix?
TIMINATOR

Then thats where I'll start! At that temp, theres prolly no need to do more on a street car! I never thought that temps would be that low!
Are both in the up pipe, or one at the inlet, or IC outlet?
Pure meth, or water mix?
TIMINATOR
Both in the up pipe, or there's a trick device called the Bison alky plate which is direct injection , a plate with multiple nozzles that mounts under the dog house... yes you will be using straight pure M1 ,you want it as close to the intake manifold as possible

Is the Bison plate compatible with the single/dual nozzle kit that ya all are using?
One nozzle and the plate? Is that a good way to go? I assume his plate goes under the power/distribution plate? I want to do this once!
TIMINATOR

I've run 4 nozzles no plate.
Over 50gph with multiple pumps.
Run 1 nozzle look at air intake temp and then you can add pressure as the mac master carr nozzles are rated to 500 psi and the Gph increases with pressure.
You bv use more nozzles to pump it in sooner

Is the Bison plate compatible with the single/dual nozzle kit that ya all are using?
One nozzle and the plate? Is that a good way to go? I assume his plate goes under the power/distribution plate? I want to do this once!
TIMINATOR
If you have the plate you dont need the nozzle

TIMINATOR
Bison direct port alky doesn't have a nozzle, Connect your alky feed line to it.

OK. But how much does the plate flow in relation to nozzles?
Any advantage to either? Or is it boost dependent? One nozzle and plate? Does the plate have jets like nitrous plates? Or just adjust it by pressure? At 500 real (not magazine) HP on the street, is the plate worth it? Or how many nozzles??
TIMINATOR

Any advantage to either? Or is it boost dependent? One nozzle and plate? Does the plate have jets like nitrous plates? Or just adjust it by pressure? At 500 real (not magazine) HP on the street, is the plate worth it? Or how many nozzles??
TIMINATOR
Advantage would be direct injection
20220729_093450.jpg
20220729_093518.jpg

TIMINATOR
It would hook up to you exciting alky system like mentioned above so it would be progressive, has a brass tube with multiple jets spraying directly into the runners so a 1000hp would be a breeze, but a 2+ nozzle system would get 500hp (which is not much) done also.

The orifices in the tube are individually sized & located. They emit the equivalent of the M15 size nozzle.

Balanced Flow Supplemental Alcohol Injection​

Last edited:
I'm not sure that you will be able to get one of the Alky Plates from Bison, unless he just made a new run of them.
I tried to get one on the build that I had Bison do for me in 2021, he said he had none left and was far too busy to make another batch.

Good luck and please keep us updated if you are able to get one!
ENJOY!!!
- Jerry

although i don't fully understand why this is a better location than the up-pipe nozzle, would not be difficult to fab that into the intake with a correct NPT fitting, drill & tap. the copper tube is interesting...

various old threads have indicated the value of pre-turbo methanol spray - i've never done that. others have shown that the IC isn't needed with E85

I have a Precision 62-62 with heat blanket, Precision stock location intercooler, 120 pound injectors on E85 using EECGN and the inlet temps are no more than 120 degrees in 85 degree weather during stop and go traffic. Most of the time it’s below 100 degrees. Setup makes 28 psi, and temps are never over 130 at WOT.