Diesel oil users?

robertf

I've read where some member like diesel oil in their GN. I'm curious why. Is it the 15/40 weight? I was in Oreilys today and came close to buying some Royal Purple Duralec 15/40 Synthetic. I currently run Mobil1 10/30 with ZDDP. Would I gain/lose anything with the RP? Car has 75,000 original mile, stock lower, zero issues. Oil PSI, 15 hot at idle.

I think guys use since it's cheap and still has high levels of the anti friction stuff

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Use Valvoline VR1 or Brad Penn.

Delo 400 & Rotella used to have higher levels of zinc, but even they have been reformulated.

I've read where some member like diesel oil in their GN. I'm curious why. Is it the 15/40 weight? I was in Oreilys today and came close to buying some Royal Purple Duralec 15/40 Synthetic. I currently run Mobil1 10/30 with ZDDP. Would I gain/lose anything with the RP? Car has 75,000 original mile, stock lower, zero issues. Oil PSI, 15 hot at idle.
Don't use the diesel oil. I fell into that trap a few years ago. Caused some valve train issues after extended use on two different motors. One was not a Buick turbo motor. I switched over to VR1.

ANOTHER OIL THREAD!!!!!!!!!!! :eek::LOL::ROFLMAO::vomit::vomit::vomit::vomit:

You forgot "FUCKING" between "ANOTHER" and "OIL"...............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

OP, review the hundreds of billions of freekin' "oil" threads on this forum and make a decision on your own.

You're a big boy, research and make a big boy decision on your own. Oil choices are like opinions, everyone has one.

Go with what you know.

There won't be a member here that will call you out and say you fucked up in your choice, as long as you don't choose the $7.99 bottle of generic cheap assed oil on the Circle K shelf.

Last edited:
Lesson learned guys. Should've done my research!!!!:oops:

Don't take it personal, I see you are new to the site! There are some real good posts from the past on this. Nick Micale,Richard Clarke and many other guys have put some great info on here. :cool:I will say that there is too many choices for oil today. Every cam company and his brother has there own oil! :rolleyes: Find a good oil at a reasonable price and stick to it! Good luck

Another opinion again! :)

Our engines are 50 years old in technology and materials and new oils are fine, but synthetic will leak like crazy.

My 2006 diesel truck was never over 3000 RPM, and diesel oil has much less anti-foam additives and LOT more detergents to wash down the cylinder walls.

In "real world" driving a T-R, oil should be changed every 1000-2000 miles, boost quickly contaminates oil, use any SN labeled oil, and do not waste your $$$ on synthetic.

You forgot "FUCKING" between "ANOTHER" and "OIL"...............:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky::sneaky:

OP, review the hundreds of billions of freekin' "oil" threads on this forum and make a decision on your own.

You're a big boy, research and make a big boy decision on your own. Oil choices are like opinions, everyone has one.

Go with what you know.

There won't be a member here that will call you out and say you fucked up in your choice, as long as you don't choose the $7.99 bottle of generic cheap assed oil on the Circle K shelf.

7.99 a bottle is cheap?
Dammit I knew I was doing something wrong. I'm going to switch oils and start running 10s

7.99 a bottle is cheap?
Dammit I knew I was doing something wrong. I'm going to switch oils and start running 10s

Perhaps you missed the humor in my post........

Walk into a Circle K, a 7-11, or any corner "convenience" store and look at the price of the lowest grade oil they sell.

If you need oil, Mr. Patel already knows he has you right by the balls.

Same holds true to chicken noodle soup, but that's a different thread......

Perhaps you missed the humor in my post........

Walk into a Circle K, a 7-11, or any corner "convenience" store and look at the price of the lowest grade oil they sell.

If you need oil, Mr. Patel already knows he has you right by the balls.

Same holds true to chicken noodle soup, but that's a different thread......
Mr.Patel seems to be everywhere, I was in a large city a couple of years ago an needed a hotel room. Everyone was sold out except this
one major brand , well Mr. Patel got me ... I walk around the corner to a convenience store for a 6 pack, lo and behold another Mr.
Patel [ cousin , brother, I don't know } got me again. So the lowest grade of oil on the shelf at the Circle K ,makes perfectly sense to me.
But everyone has there oil preference. Many years ago Guy I called your neighbor Nick an he convince me to run conventional oil,with
the experience in the climate in that area that sold me . But each of his own !!

[QUOTE="Buckshot G/N, post: 3734574, member: But each of his own !![/QUOTE]

My point, exactly. :)

There was a brief time period when that was a good trick. When the EPA first de-nutted car oil, diesels don't run catalytic converters so they could keep the zinc.

Then the gobment in it's infinite wisdom decided to mess up diesel oil that car if a car guy uses it, they would still be without zinc. (and made diesels compromised doing it).

It's basically outdated data. To end up with the old amounts of anti scuff additives, you either have to buy off road oil or add ZDDP on every oil change.

zero issues.
Well,at least we know what will happen if you continue doing what you have been. I recommend you do what you have been doing.

Nick claims that your engine will leak like crazy if you use synthetic oil.
What is the diameter of the oil stain under your car?

Well,at least we know what will happen if you continue doing what you have been. I recommend you do what you have been doing.

Nick claims that your engine will leak like crazy if you use synthetic oil.
What is the diameter of the oil stain under your car?
I have no leak at this time but hopefully I can prevent that.