dies at idle,voltage drops...

ttypenssrider

started with car hesitating on the way home then it wouldn't speed up it just cruised had to go really soft on the gas pedal. I noticed this happeniing after I closed the roof and raised up both windows. checked the scanmaster and volts were way low.I didn't make it home had to get a jumpstart...I took alternator to napa auto parts and they check it and its no good. so after I put a new one from napa started the car and volts seem normal till I hit the switch to roll down th window and again volts drop and engine stalls I try to restart but it just clicks like it would when batt is low. maybe I got another bad one? I haven't taken it back t get it checkd yet but will do in a few days.
what's goin on here any input would be helpful.thanks

sounds like you drained the battery too much when the alternator originally went out, then barely had enough juice to start it up after the replacement. If you rolled both windows up and have a stumbling idle, it can put a large load on the battery. As a result, your battery was probably too low to recover. Try charging the battery on a trickle charger for a while and see if you can get some charge back into it.
I know NAPA will charge and check your battery for free....at least most auto parts stores do that.

Also, don't charge the battery back up with the alternator. It can be too much work and lead to the early demise of the alt.