Did you know that GNX 547's VIN

GNX Guy

Did you know that GNX 547's VIN is actually 3 units lower than GNX 546. So, 547 was NOT the last one off of Buicks line. Also rumor has it GNX's were randomly selected off the Buick assembly line. Not true, there is a very definite pattern to the VIN numbers. Also, GN bound for ASC did not get fender badges.

Doing a quick look, it appears that GNX 533 was actually the last one off the line based on VIN numbers. As I recall, they were not assembled in an exact order at ASC either. I hope nobody pays top dollar for 547 thinking it was "the last one" Ship date for 533 was sooner that 547 though. As I can tell there were 13 units shipped on the last ship day. GNX 310 could have been the last one out the door at ASC.

Joe

Joe,
That's some neat information and parts how did you accumulate it all? How did you get the blueprints? Do you have a current inventory of NOS parts ?

Fascinating information on #547 not actually being the last GNX built also!

GNX Guy said:
I hope nobody pays top dollar for 547 thinking it was "the last one"

I think that horse has already left the barn.

Excellent info, thanks for the post!

I still think 547 will always be the top dollar car...the cars were moved around several at a time without thought to vin numbers...great info but 547 is still the one everyone will want.

Pete