Did we lose posted pics in the server problem?

INEEDAGN

Seen Your Member
I sent a guy towards a detailed write up I did on here with many many build pics and it appears the pics aren’t loading. Are they gone for good? I still have the pics but it’d be a pain in the ass.

Thanks guys I know this stuff is a bitch to deal with.

This has happened before. Unfortunately, it appears as though the board had to be "re-set" back to October.
My guess is that October is before whatever corrupted the board happened.
Yes. it is an inconvenience, but a small price to pay for Shane footing the bill to have this place for all of us to use.

If anyone else owned this board, it would have been gone a decade ago.

FB is great for chit chat, but this place is the past, present and future of keeping these legendary cars going strong.

Note: I wrote this for all who click on this thread to find out what happened.

Happy Spooling
Mike Barnard

But it lost pics from before then?

Don’t get me wrong I understand whatever happened happened. Trying to gauge whether they’ll reappear or if I have to go back post by post and fix them if I can even edit the posts

I have messages in to try to find out about the pictures. Yes, we need to get them back or many tech threads will be useless. I have done many who have been affected. :(

Same here. Pretty much every one of my ''how to'' threads are shot now.

..and, odds are I still have all the pics, but I don't have the ability to edit my posts.

they should let the Jedi masters edit their post for the good of us idiots .... hopefully they grant that privilege to all who have sticky threads and what not and too those have contributed so much to this board ... thx earl !! thx bison !! and anyone who has sticky thread like the legend Jerryl .. your my boy blue LOL ... seriously Shane we gotta make it happen for the good of this board

they should let the Jedi masters edit their post for the good of us idiots .... hopefully they grant that privilege to all who have sticky threads and what not and too those have contributed so much to this board ... thx earl !! thx bison !! and anyone who has sticky thread like the legend Jerryl .. your my boy blue LOL ... seriously Shane we gotta make it happen for the good of this board
Some day, we are going to have a few drinks and lots of laughs. Lol!!

Oh man.. The ability to go back an edit was stripped away many years ago.

This place used to be ungodly delete happy. It got so bad I had a thread deleted on the rare occasion I asked a question. Shit was just getting gone almost at random it was so bad. Luckily turbobuicks.com still has all the tech I started posting over there for the following few years. The bad part is photobucket is screwing with some of my posts when I used to use them for hosting.

All the photobucket based tech posts I made here got wiped out in one of the many ''crashes'' we had here back then. :(

I've been working on building a website on and off for a while now. I think I need to get all the text out of my articles and go through my old pr0n drives to find the pics and see what I can do to archive them.

Yes, all pics and attachments back to 2001 are gone. the archive Mike E had separately stored was just a text backup to reduce file size of the archive. if he did not have that backup, the forum would have had to begin anew with everyone creating an account login from scratch.

Sticky's, How to's, tech write-ups, photo guides, living history of cars for sale, etc are all messed up and hard to follow now without the accompanying pics and attached documents.

I completely understand the whole situation and have no ill thoughts towards management. I just need to know if ability to edit posts can be restored or if I need to sit down and start fresh.

I sent another message to Mike E. If he doesn't respond in the next day or two, I'll contact Shane directly.
This site is too valuable, to us and the next generation to not do our best to recover it in whatever way we can.